“One of the best hotel experiences ever” 5 of 5 stars

Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1050 31st St NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Ranked #2 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Amman, Jordan
“One of the best hotel experiences ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

From the minute I arrived until the minute I left i felt like I was at a luxury home I owned. the service was impeccable, the rooms and facilities were just the right mix between functionality and a feel of home. and the roof spa facilities and relaxation area were a rare treat. due to the small size of the hotel all the staff would greet us by name which only added to the home away from home feel. Frankly this is one of the best hotels i've ever stayed in and I have been in some great places. I couldn't fault anything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CapellaDC, Manager at Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Good Afternoon Tarek_Aggad,

Thank you so much for choosing Capella Washington, D.C., Georgetown during your recent stay in the Nation's Capital. I am delighted to read that you had such an incredible experience at our hotel and enjoyed our friendly staff, guest rooms and ultra luxury accommodations. I highly appreciate your generous review and am so happy that your experience was one of the best in a hotel that you have had so far! I am so thankful that you had the opportunity to experience our newest Capella property and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Alex Obertop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

A cab dropped us off a little down the street from our destination. The door men opened the door and welcomed us to the hotel. Upon letting them know we were not guests at the hotel, they asked if we would like to have a drink after dinner. Since we were 45 minutes early, we chose to have a drink ahead of time. The service was spectacular in the Rye Bar and the drinks even better. While no the cheapest, you certainly felt the drink and more so the experience were worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CapellaDC, Manager at Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Greetings Sbuescher,

Thank you so much for this generous review regarding your first experience at The Rye Bar. I am so delighted to read that you and your guest were happy with our spectacular service and warm welcome the moment you entered our hotel. I wanted to thank you both for giving The Rye Bar a chance before your dinner at The Grill Room, and I am so glad that you enjoyed your drink selections. I will be sure to share this review with our team as I know they would be so proud and honored to hear that you had such a great experience. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Capella Georgetown is a great property! The service was top notch and the decor and hotel itself is stunning. It brings a new level to D.C. hotels, giving a new meaning to luxury in this city. The elegance is apparent.

Room Tip: All categories are fantastic! If you have a family traveling with you, the suites are the way to go...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
CapellaDC, Manager at Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Greetings travelansley,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the ultra luxury amenities and incredible service that we offer here at Capella. We will look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to Washington D.C.

Ringwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in DC and this property is very special. From the minute you arrive until the minute you leave they make you feel so welcome and at home. The staff is so nice from the doorman to the bartenders in the lobby bar. They are so friendly and full of knowledge that they are eager to share whether it is about the area restaurants or the wines on their wine list. The hotel is in a great location in Georgetown, walking distance to all the great restaurants and shops that Georgetown has to offer. The rooms are comfy, inviting and plenty of space. The rooftop pool / bar / lounge area is a great place to escape to and only guests are permitted. I highly recommend this hotel for the savy traveler who likes a hotel that makes you feel at home and enjoys pampering.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon Lala724,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of our hotel. It gives me great pleasure to read that you chose Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown during your stay in the Nation's Capitol. I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed the location, kind attentive staff and all of our unique guest room and rooftop accommodations. It brings great joy to our staff and team to hear that you had such a memorable experience. I am very much looking forward to your return and for our next opportunity to serve you when your travels next bring you to Washington, D.C.

long island, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am very well travelled both in the U.S. and internationally and this has to be one of the nicest properties I've ever stayed in. I don't know which I was more impressed by-the hotel or the service I received. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and has every amenity possible for a five star hotel. I also found the rooftop terrace with the bar and pool a beautiful and tranquil place to relax and unwind after a long day. Finally, the room I stayed in was extremely spacious with an incredibly comfortable bed.

The service I received went well above and beyond what I was expecting. The moment I pulled up to the property, I was escorted every step of the way to the check-in and then to my room to make sure the entire process was flawless (even the call I received a few days prior to arrival asking for any special requests was a very nice touch). Then, throughout the stay, people would constantly greet me by name, which was impressive since I had only met some of them for a total of two minutes.

If you are looking for a top notch hotel where every guest is treated like royalty, this is the place!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon frg0215,

Thank you for taking the time to post this amazing review after your recent stay with us at Capella Washington D.C. I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful and memorable experience, especially coming from someone who is so well traveled and knowledgeable about hotels. Furthermore, I am delighted to read that our staff's seamless service, variety of accommodations and your overall expectations were completely satisfied. Your loyalty is truly valued and appreciated, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Capella DC and I was impressed by every aspect of it. The staff were warm, personable and professional. The rooftop pool is a great place to lounge around and it's only accessible to guests so it's never too crowded. The rooms are FANTASTIC and the attention to detail is impeccable; there are plugs in the bedside table (so you don't have to go across the room to check your phone!), the bathrooms have acqua di parma amenities and the bed also has reading lights which is a nice touch. The rooms are really tastefully designed and are spacious. The food is fantastic too - the oxtail sliders are one of my favourite items on the menu and if you go to the bar get the apple martini where they use real apples! If you're looking for a hotel in a great location with unparalleled service, amazing rooms and food this is the place for you. Go here and I promise you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Get a room with a soaking tub! The rooms with the views of the Canal are great too.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CapellaDC, Manager at Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Good Afternoon Amalia_ZNewYork,

Thank you so much for this exceptional review regarding your recent stay at Capella Washington, D.C., Georgetown. I am thrilled to read that you had such an incredible experience and that you believe we are the new benchmark for D.C. hotels. Your loyalty and kind remarks about our service team and all of our hotel accommodations are highly appreciated. I am so happy to hear that you love the hotel's rooftop, design, cuisine, functionality and location. I will proudly share your gracious comments with the rest of the staff as comments like yours are an inspiration to our continuous creation of excellence in everything we do. We will look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Washington, D.C. has long been a favorite city of mine, with world-class culture and entertainment and a diverse dining scene catering to a truly international clientele. It now also boasts a totally new concept for Washington, a discreet and elegant hotel in the heart of Georgetown operating in a league of its own. http://www.capellahotels.com/washingtondc/georgetown/default-en.html

What has been known as a very conservative city now has a very innovative hotel, with only 49 rooms and suites, located off M Street on 31st in the heart of historic Georgetown. Capella is bringing a new level of personalized service and special guest services to the nation’s capital. Guests enjoy flexible check in and check out times, key access for the guest lobby, and a spectacular rooftop with lounge and an exquisite infinity pool. The fitness room is limited but the canal is right outside the hotel’s front door making it perfect for a nice run, bike ride or stroll along the historic C & O Canal. Boutique shopping and an array of restaurant options are similarly just down the street.

A Personal Assistant is assigned to each guest to take care of any customized experiences or requests and is available 24 hours a day. They have unique access to the most difficult tickets or restaurant reservations and give guests clout in an insider’s city. Guests receive a complimentary refreshment center; complimentary laundry pressing of up to five pieces; complimentary Wi-Fi and innovative programming to ensure guests are fully immersed in D.C. culture. Other special guest services include private after-hours shopping in the city’s most exclusive stores and access to Washington’s newest and hottest attractions.

The Grill Room and The Rye Bar are two of the hotel’s signature establishments. Lead by Swedish Chef Jakob Esko, each features dining on the picturesque canal-front patio or in the more private enclave of a well-designed interior. The Grill Room specializes in the preparation of hand-cut, bone-in, artisanal meats, fresh seafood, and tableside preparations that harken to bye-gone days. The Rye Bar features rare rye whiskeys and carefully mixed cocktails with a specialty menu of gourmet bar fare. Both The Grill Room and The Rye Bar have an ambiance, quality and service that will appeal to the most discerning senses.

If heading to DC anytime soon, be one of the first to check out this new hot spot! As always we are able to enhance your stay with VIP service and added amenities!

Room Tip: Ideal location in Georgetown.. .for the fitness lovers gym is not big but hotel is locate right on t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CapellaDC, Manager at Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Good Afternoon CaroW1412,

I want to thank you so much for taking the time to post this fantastic, detailed review of our Capella Hotel in Georgetown. You perfectly touched on all the wonderful services and accommodations we offer that truly set us a part from other hotels in Washington D.C. Beginning with a warm welcome introduction with your Personal Assistant to being escorted to your beautifully designed, comfortable guest room, private access to the rooftop bar/lounge, and incredible contemporary American cuisine from Swedish Chef, Jakob Esko, this hotel has everything you can dream of and more. I am impressed by all the knowledge you have shared about our hotel and I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share all of this with all the TripAdvisor followers. Your loyalty is highly appreciated and I look forward to the day we can welcome you back for yet another unforgettable experience.

Alex Obertop

Been to Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown? Share your experiences!