“Not Stellar” 4 of 5 stars

202-466-2500
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika West End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 2,710 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Hampshire & M Street
McLean, Virginia
“Not Stellar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Given all the accolades, not as stellar as expected. We did the pre-theater menu before going to the Kennedy Center. We had Achari Tikka and Malai Seekh Kebab appetizers, and Chicken Tikka Masala and Railway Lamb Curry as main courses. All were very good, but nothing outstanding. The best thing was an unexpectedly nice Chardonnay, Emphasis.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Roseville CA
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Best Indian food I've ever had and best service experienced at any restaurant. I'm not generally a fan of Indian food, but booked a table at this restaurant because my sister had said it was the best food she had experienced in DC. It does not disappoint.

Visited May 2014
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Wonderful evening of imaginative food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Last May I was in town and ate at the original Rasika. This year my wife was with me on the trip and we made a reservation at the west End location. A beautifully designed restaurant. Please be warned that both of these restaurants are so loved and busy that you should make a reservation about two weeks in advance. We enjoy grazing and advised our waiter that we wanted to sample dishes via appetizers and small dishes. The waiter was pleased that we asked for his counsel and became very helpful. We started with Cauliflower Bezule, roasted cauliflower seasoned in a way I have never experienced. I think my wife and I fought over the last few florets. We then ordered the Sea Bass Peri-Peri, a wonderful grilled fish and Mint Paratha, similiar to Naan, but with mint swirled into the dough, excellent! We followed with the Mango shrimp and Palak Chaat which is crispy spinach and like the cauliflower is not to be missed. We don't usually order dessert, but we did this time and were very pleased. We had the rice pudding which was good, but the Rose-Mango Kulfi was incredible! Our service was excellent and the restaurant and bar were extraordinarily busy. Don't miss this place!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Love LOVE LOVE - My favorite in the US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I'm a foodie and a discerning foodie at that. My family and I were recently on a trip to DC and just stumbled upon this restaurant because it was near our hotel. We could not have made a better choice. It was a beautiful day to sit outside for a late lunch and our lunch was outstanding. We had the crispy spinach appetizer, chicken masala, butter chicken, and a few other items. I have to say it's the best Indian I've had in the US. We have family in DC, so no doubt we will make this our mainstay lunch. While it may not be what some are used to, it will exceed expectations on all fronts. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Indian Grill, unexpectedly good wine list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Lived down the block of this place, so ate there often. Love the palak chat (sort of deep fried spinach). The wine list is special for an Indian restaurant with some great Shiraz, that go well with the food

Visited June 2013