“Always come here when I am in town” 5 of 5 stars

202-466-2500
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika West End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 2,562 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Hampshire & M Street
Hartland, Wisconsin
“Always come here when I am in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I love this restaurant. The food is great, even though it is a bit pricey. I managed to eat at both locations in DC this trip and the service and food were every bit a good as they were last year. Good menu selections. Nice serving sizes, not too much. Perfect for sharing a couple of entrees or small plates.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Istanbul, Turkey
“Lives upto its reputation as one of the best in DC.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Went there on our anniversary on the recommendation of our concierge and hotel bartender. We were not disappointed - it was a stellar experience and will be back when next in DC.

Ordered 2 entrees, the fried spinach and the egg plant, and both were delectable. Followed by a chicken tikka masala, chicken kebabs, and black daal. Accompanied with a basket of naans and rotis. Very attentive waiter who helped with the ordering and had time to answer questions. It was our anniversary so they sent a complimentary dessert which left us completely sated. Total meal for 3 including a round of drinks - $105 excl tips.

Pls book in advance as they run full every night. If you like Indian food, or want a diversion just go here - you will enjoy it.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Exceptional Food. Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Best Indian Food ever had. I usually try to try new restaurants but once I discovered Rasika I try to book a reservation every trip I have to DC. Most amazing combinations of flavors and unique ways of using spices. In a recent trip they varied the menu and I greatly missed some of my favorite dishes but the waiter's recommendations were outstanding. Can't go wrong with this inventive chef. First few times I went solo and did not have reservation. Had to stand behind someone at the bar and wait for them to give up a chair. Have done that several times when had an unexpected trip to DC and their reservations book so far in advance. But not too long a wait to stand behind someone and then slip into a bar seat--where they serve the full menu. Be sure to order the special spinach dish and the coconut sea bass wrapped in coconut leave.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Crofton, Maryland, United States
“Indian Food with a twist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

For a Restaurant Week outing we went to this restaurant and it was fabulous. They offer Indian dishes that are prepared differently and judging by the crowd, they do it well. The dish that stands out is a spinach that is somehow fried, yet NOT battered. We passed it around and everyone gave it a thumbs up. The sampler I had was outstanding and gave a real good sense of what the kitchen can do. This restaurant is one of two and it deserves the highest marks. I understand their other restaurant, located near Chinatown, is equally as good. Since there were 6 of us, we tried everything and must say the fish, chicken, veggies and lamb were amazing. I met some folks from India, who now live in the DC area and frequent many different Indian restaurants and their view is that Rasika's is the best. That's the best endorsement possible.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Average food but terrible service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

It felt like we were in a fast food restaurant. Their focus was more on getting us to free up the table for the next group versus making our dining experience a pleasant one. Not knowing their time limit for dining, I guess we overstayed our welcome as we were interrupted in the middle of a conversation and asked to leave. No matter how good their food is claimed to be, their service and how they treated us was unforgivable.

• Visited January 2014