“A Refreshing Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E St. SE
Transit: Easter Market METRO is 2 blocks away.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“A Refreshing Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was unsure what to expect as I climbed the stairs to the rooftop level of Pacifico Cantina. I stepped out of the stairway and into what I can only describe as a Caribbean reprieve.

SERVICE: Service was good. The waitress was friendly and as attentive as she could be with a group of over 20 people! LOL! Food was served promptly, even though we gave several different orders throughout our time there.

FOOD: The salsa that comes with the free nachos leaves a lot to be desired, but other things on the menu were tasty. A group favorite was the corn! Try it. It's yummy!

VALUE: The prices are good and I appreciate the free appetizer. The happy hour specials are really good too and you get the best value with those deals.

ATMOSPHERE*: The atmosphere at this place is absolutely marvelous. Go when it's hot and sunny, and you'll feel like you're on the deck of some Caribbean locals spot. The music alone gets you dreaming about your next vacation. The restaurant got really crowded, so if you want a table, get there early.

BAR SCENE: The bar is one of the best places to sit. There are three flat screen televisions and really cool bartenders. Service is fast and drinks are tasty.

OUTDOOR SEATING: Did I mention it gets crowded? If you have a large group, call to reserve space. There is communal seating in the middle of the deck, which is cool for singles or couples. This is the perfect place to be on a summer afternoon and the seating is high enough that you can escape the humdrum sights and forget where you're at!

For a few more pics, you can check out the review on my blog: https://aweinclusive.com/?p=3132. Other than that, I hope you give this place a try. I'm sure you'll love it!

*I've only used the rooftop deck of Pacifico Cantina. I don't have an opinion about the inside, first floor.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Massachusetts
“Great time at Pacifico Cantina!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I spent three days sightseeing in D.C. the week after Thanksgiving. We read about the "up and coming" Barracks Row restaurant area and decided to try Pacifico Cantina after a long day of museums and monuments. We were not disappointed! My husband had an enchilada and I had the shrimp quesadillas. Both meals were delicious. My skinny margarita had plenty of tequila and the fresh chips and salsa served with the drinks were wonderful. Our waiter was personable and provided us with great service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a quick bite to eat with a great atmosphere in D.C.

Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“From scratch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

What I like most about this restaurant is that the chef believes in fresh ingredients, so everything is made in house, from scratch. The food was excellent! The other great thing is that you can order tacos etc. by piece, so you don't end up with unappetizingly huge portion as in so many other places.

The restaurant has a roof top terrace, which offers a great view of 8th street. Service is friendly and efficient. Their Margaritas are also great, made from fresh lime juice and quality alcohol (no chemical sweet & sour mix). If you decide to visit this place with friends, share a pitcher! It's a good deal.

• Visited October 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Mexican and Margaritas after work!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stopped in to Pacifico Cantina while walking along 8th Street after work and ended up loving the restaurant. We have been looking for good Mexican food in DC, and this has definitely been our favorite! We enjoyed several different tacos, salads, corn, and the margaritas were great. The atmosphere was fun with the open front window and porch. A great place to enjoy good food and company for a fun evening after a long day on the hill!

• Visited September 2012
Tucson, AZ
“Post modern Mexican delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Pacifico Cantina on the hopelessly trendy Barrack's Row on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC is a welcome addition to the neighborhood. The sidewalk seating and the rooftop deck provide excellent people watching as you sip their terrific margaritas or tasty sangria. The food menu, while heavy with traditional Mexican fare provides outstanding versions of familiar dishes. A standout is their wonderful, but rich, corn on the cob. Don't take my word for it; try it. Take advantage of beautiful outdoor weather to experience this new hit on the constantly changing DC restaurant scene.

• Visited September 2012