“Walk like a Washingtonian” 5 of 5 stars

+1 202-810-4627
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: As DC's premiere luxury tour company, we work hard to create the most in-depth, high-quality tours of DC. For us, this means visiting unique and hidden sites that other tour companies simply miss. We also pack the tours with loads of the best history, architecture, gossip, and whatever else grabs our attention. And whether you join us for a walking tour or decide to ride in style in a private luxury vehicle as a true DC Insider, you'll be in great hands. All of our guides have the enthusiasm, energy, passion, and insider information to deliver a first-class experience. But to make sure your time in DC is truly unforgettable, we are available to answer any questions about your trip before, during, and after the tour. With so much to see and do in DC, we scout out the very best to share with you. We want you to love DC as much as we do!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Walk like a Washingtonian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

What a great tour! From someone who thought they knew their way around DC, I can truly say that it was a delightful experience to hear it's history from someone so energetic and knowledgeable as Bo. Just being around him felt relaxing and down-to-earth...almost like the tour guide was a good college friend or something. Either way, I did it once and I'll do it again...can't wait to see what new tours they come up with next!

Los Angeles, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our walking tour with Bo from DC Insider Tours was fantastic. He was so knowledgeable and fun. He kept the entire tour interesting. You could tell he really loves his work. It brought life to all those government buildings. I would highly recommend it.

largo, fl
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Repeat Customer! Fantastic Tour! So Fun! Go on this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Last year at this time we went on our first DC Insiders tour. Bo was our tour guide, and being a fellow Gator we immediately bonded. This year, my sisters and daughter and I were in DC to celebrate my birthday. We chose the Ghost Scandal tour. We had a great time, even in the rain. Bo brings such enthusiasm to the tour and you learn so many interesting stories! My sister the history buff loved it as much as I, who is not so interested in boring details! He brings visual aids, so you can picture the people he talks about. The walk on this tour was easy. I highly recommend this company and we will certainly book another tour when we are in town again.

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“So much fun, laughter, and great info that we forgot it was freezing out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My girlfriend and I were in DC for a conference and had little time to see the city. We decided to do the DC Monuments at Night tour that was to take 2 hours. Bo was our tour guide and he was incredibly knowledgeable and very passionate about his city. It was a freezing cold night and when we started out we weren't even sure we could handle 2 hours. We ended up being out for over 3 hours and got so caught up in the stories that we forgot how cold we were. He even took the time to help us plan for the few hours we would have on the Monday to see some museums etc. and recommended some great 'off the beaten path' sights. If you are in the DC area this is the company to use.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A Truly Unique, Fun and Very Interesting Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife, college aged son, and I went on the 6 hour DC in a Day Tour last Saturday. This is the only walking tour of this scope in DC, and from the early afternoon into the early evening we strolled through and all over Georgetown, Foggy Bottom, the Mall, downtown and the White House area with Bo Stanton, perhaps the most enthusiastic, engaging, knowledgeable and just all around fun guide I have ever been with. He regaled us with political anecdotes, architectural insights, sharp edged biographies, a sure sense of geography / topography / urban development, and his deep understanding of Washington DC and wider American history, all well laden with choice words, great humor, empathy and at times some good old fashioned cynicism about the political process. We ended the day feeling we had really seen and absorbed and understood how Washington has made it to where it is today. If you enjoy long walking tours, great company and just knowing stuff, Bo is the guide for you.