“Nice surprise for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch
Denton, Texas
“Nice surprise for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were in the National Gallery of Art on a cold Saturday afternoon and getting hungry. This place popped up on a search for nearby restaurants. I read some of the reviews that seemed a bit critical, but it was close and we decided to try it anyway. I AM GLAD WE DID. It was a great, charming little french cafe. Super for roast beef sandwiches, coffee and dessert. Just the lunch break we needed to get us through the rest of the afternoon. I will definitely be back. Next time i'll get a table BEFORE we order. On a warmer day, it would be nice to sit outside, and seating would not have been at a such a premium.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Croissants To Go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

On a very cold Sunday morning in DC, my partner and I wandered into Paul's Bakery in Georgetown, DC. Open early (before 9:00 AM), the croissants drew us in. We selected a chocolate and almond to go, but since the shop was bereft of any coffee aroma, we skipped our morning beverage and left with just the French pastries. We took the croissants with us to our morning hike at Great Falls, and we were extremely pleased to have these little gems waiting for us after our walk. My partner enjoyed the chocolate one, mentioning that ant French child would be happy to have this not overly sweet treat. My almond one was perfectly flaky with almond throughout. Our recommendations to those who find themselves wandering DC before the coffee shops open: try the croissants. Our recommendation to Paul's: figure out the coffee thing.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Berwick, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

So good!!! Definitely go!!! Lots of options, great food, good coffee and a nice atmosphere. Loved it!!!

Visited December 2013
Townsville, Australia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Set right in the middle of Georgetown, near the canal. Atmosphere and display were impressive......so much choice. Fresh baked breads looked and smelt delicious. Shared a hot dog and cheese baguette (fresh and crusty) with a hot chocolate made with milk chocolate and followed up with the most delicious custard slice.....belisimo!! Prices extremely reasonable, tables inside upstairs and outside and the service refreshing......Enjoyed the whole experience!!

Visited November 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Delicious Macarons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Was traveling in DC on business and decided to stop here for one of the mini Macaron trays to take back home. It took all of my willpower to not by one of each of the delicious little pastries. I didn't get to try them till I got home and they were all delicious. I think my favorite macarons were the coconut and chocolate. The person waiting on me was very nice and helpful.

• Visited October 2013