“Late night Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Salvadoran
New York City, New York
“Late night Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

After arriving in DC late on weekday night I was happy to find this place open. If you are looking for fancy decor and a scene this is not the place. This is more of a local stop where spanish soap operas are showing on the television and locals are sitting at the bar gossiping. As for the food it was fantastic. Even at 10 at night I was able to get a freshly prepared meal. I would definitely visit again.

Visited March 2014

Columbus, OH
“!Que rico!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was at a conference at the Convention Center and a friend and I were looking for a quick meal between sessions. He googled this place and off we went; really close to the convention center but a little shady looking from the outside. There were very few non-Latinos in the place; always a good sign. I haved live in Latin America and am fluent in Spanish so no biggie.
Very complete menu and a full bar. Mexican and Salvadoran specialties. I'm a vegetarian so I got fried plantains and the BEST chimichanga I have ever had. The place is very small--seems like it mostly does a take-out business, but the food was superb. Nothing fancy, but big, delicious portions. I would definitely go back when I'm in DC again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
green4859
“What a find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I was looking for an authentic and good Mexican restaurant near where I work for lunch and did some web searching and found this place. And I'm glad that I did! They have an extensive menu full of good stuff. I ordered the Bistek Encebollado. It was so delicious!!! I would definitely come back again but I think I'll just order take-out. The place is small and not many seating. A lot of people come in to dine so it gets kind of tight.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Great Find near Thomas Circle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Came here alone at the end of my snow-lengthened visit (canceled flights!). Excellent food, friendly staff, and a bar!! And a bargain, too. Feels like you could be in Central America, but with DC snow outside the door.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Cracking Food for Great $”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Serve fantastic generous sized meals for extremely reasonable prices. Three of us had entree, beer and mains for $52. Win.