“No notification that reservation would not be honored.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Air Force Inn Joint Base Andrews

Air Force Inn Joint Base Andrews
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
Air Force Inn Joint Base Andrews
Save Saved
You added Air Force Inn Joint Base Andrews to your Saves list
1380 California Ave., Andrews AFB, Washington DC, DC 20762   |
Fort Wayne
“No notification that reservation would not be honored.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had a reservation for 2 nights, previously confirmed, and guaranteed with a credit card due to an anticipated late arrival. Upon arriving and endeavoring to check in, the staff confirmed the reservation and that there was a credit card on file, but that there were no rooms available (due to a higher priority guest?) They gave me a list of hotels in the area and said that I should call one (it was now 1:00 am). Since I would be vacating the room in 6 hours because of leaving for a meeting, I was allowed to stay the night, but I had to check out before I left for the meeting and told to find another hotel.
If Andrews Lodging is unable to honor a previously confirmed reservation, I would suggest they make arrangments for the guest to stay at another hotel and notify the guest prior to arrival. If this were a non-government business, this would have been my last stay.
I must say that there was a pleasant followup call from a customer service representative with an apology and a promise to fix this problem--but other hotels, airlines and resaturants already have policies in place to accommodate guests whose reservations are not honored, and it generally it is not just giving the customer a list of other vendors and telling them to go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo

Been to Air Force Inn Joint Base Andrews? Share your experiences!