“Best way to see DC's museums and monuments” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Smithsonian Tours by Segway

Smithsonian Tours by Segway
1400 Constitution Ave., NW, National Museum of American History, Washington DC, DC 20560
202-384-8516
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 116 activities in Washington DC
Type: Segway Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Segway has come together with the Smithsonian Institution to offer the only Personal Transporter (PT) tour to depart from the National Mall at the National Museum of American History. This scenic tour, prepared in consultation with Smithsonian staff, offers visitors an exciting overview of the National Mall as well as a unique way to learn more about the country's national treasures. Gliders will explore Washington DC's rich history and enjoy educational stories that only the Smithsonian could tell. During this 3-hour tour, your guide will lead the group and offer insightful commentary on the architecture, art, culture and history related to the many points of interest, landmarks and key Smithsonian museums exhibits along the route. It's an educational and incredibly fun experience!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best way to see DC's museums and monuments”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My brother and I enjoyed a 3-hour tour of DC using Smithsonian Tours by Segway. The segways were easy to learn how to ride and the tour took us from the Smithsonian Castle, to the Capitol, to Martin Luther King Memorial, and then to the White House. We covered lots of space and learned interesting facts along the way. Everyone should visit DC by Segway.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Segways=awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

A group of friends and I decided to give Segways a chance. The kiosk directly in front the entrance of the American History Museum was easy to find and we were welcomed immediately by Rick. He was extremely professional and fun. We then were given a short tutorial on safety and how to ride a Segway. Rick was very helpful and we were flying around in no time. Besides being a ton of fun the tour was incredibly educational. Rick knows his history and answered all of our questions. By far the best way to see the sights for both first time visitors and long time residents. Do it!

Visited July 2012
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Great Time Touring DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was not planning on taking a segway tour but decided to just do it. I am so glad I did. I was scared at first but Rick did a great job of showing us what to do and it never seemed like we were rushed. I had a GREAT time, we stopped and took pictures as well. I would do it again. Rick was awesome!!!

North Ridgeville, Ohio, United States
“Segway...The ONLY Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Wow, my family and I rented the Segways on Sunday, August 5, 2012. Rick was our tour guide and was very friendly, outgoing and professional. Unfortunately, because of the heat my wife had a medical emergency and so we had to discontinue our 3 hour tour after an hour. However, Rick invited us back the following day to finish up the tour which worked out perfect. Our guide that day was Cameron. Again, Cameron was very knowledgeable and personable like Rick. What an incredible way to see the sights of DC. If it had not been for this tour, we would've missed out on so much being the first time to the DC area. The cost was worth every penny and then some! Both guides were accommodating and let us take water and restroom breaks if needed. I HIGHLY recommend this tour if visiting the area.

Cypress, Texas
“Great way to see the Mall in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Tour covered lots of ground on a unique vehicle. Segway was easy to use, very good for sightseeing. The tour guide Debbie provided great information and was very friendly. Recommend doing this early in your visit so you can followup with more detailed and inside visits to the areas of interest.