“Nice place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Charleston, United States
“Nice place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located to Gallaudet University-its right on the campus! The hotel was modern and well-kept. The staff were pleasant and accommodating. The room was clean and well maintained. I would recommend it and stay here in the future for my visits to the university.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Clement G, Manager at Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is nice to read that you had such an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your nice comment about our staff.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel was a joke! 4 star!!!!! Not.... We were so disappointed to see that these so call $300 night hotel with nothing but two queen size beds to offer was dirty and furniture had dust so thick. After being there two nights we had discovered when housekeeping came in the room that the insert of the bedding had urine stains and was brown. This certainly ruined everything after not trying to complain. When I called ahead to find about refrigerator, they said all we had to do was request it upon arrival. When we arrived, the said we had to pay extra. The went ahead and agreed to refrigerator and sent us one with dust, mold, and dirt. The housekeeper was shocked to see how bad it was and hurried to clean it up then decided to give us a better one. They said the would give full breakfast buffet and changed all the bedding from all the stained sheets and blankets. Since this was all prepaid, the company said it would take 3 to 5 business days to refund money to stay somewhere else. We did not have the to pay for an additional 3 days in downtown DC. I looked at all the reviews and none of them prepared for this nightmare! Will try to upload pictures.

• Stayed July 2014
Garland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We got a good deal on a travel package deal to D.C. so we decided to try the Kellogg Conference Hotel. Overall, we had a good experience there. It's a little off the beaten path and tucked in the back of the Gallaudet University. There is a shuttle that will take you back and forth to Union Station about every 20 minutes from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The showers and A/C worked great too. The only drawbacks are that there are no microwaves or refrigerators in the room. There also is no continental breakfast, only a breakfast buffet that I believe was $13. I would not mind staying here again, but with everything being even I would probably try staying closer to downtown next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are happy and honored that you have chosen to make the Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University. your choice hotel when you travel to the DC area. Please know we do not take your decision for granted and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.

We have many guests that opt to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle which is really very convenient. Regarding the microwave and refrigerators, if you could let us know before your arrival at hotel, we could arrange to keep one for your room. I certainly apologize for the inconvenience. I am pretty surprise that you could not find the continental breakfast, as we have continental breakfast every day (which is $8.99) rather at times we dont have the hot breakfast. I will really appreciate if you please inform me for your future reservation, I will certainly make sure a more comfortable stay.

Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation. We look forward to your return! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel is nice and well maintained and the grounds are lovely -lots of green space and the opportunity to sit outside at shaded tables and still have hotel WiFi.
I had meetings in downtown DC so I made frequent use of the two shuttles they offer. There is a university shuttle that will take you to the Metro Stations at NOMA and Union Station. It runs every 20 minutes or so. There is also a hotel shuttle that will take you/pick you up anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel and do it on your schedule. Three miles includes pretty much all of the downtown sites and government offices. Both these shuttles are free and make this hotel an exceedingly convenient place to stay.
The rooms are large (especially for downtown DC) and very clean and well maintained. There are some food option at the hotel but even better is the Union Market just across the street that has a about a dozen restaurants as well as a few specialty shops (gourmet cheese and spices). The food choices include empanadas, fresh fish, and oysters as well as a bakery and a soda shop.
Gallaudet is a University for the deaf, but at the hotel and on the shuttles there is no expectation that you will communicate in sign language, it is all verbal. It is priced at about half of any other nearby hotel. This is definitely where I am staying whenever I am in DC.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is nice to read that you and your girlfriend had such an enjoyable stay.

We are fortunate to be in such a convenient location for all the reasons that you mentioned. Many of our guests enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro/mall or taking the complimentary shuttle. I am glad our location was convenient for your needs.). It is nice to read that you had a good room experience and your room met your expectations.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

If you want somewhere to leave your belongings and sleep then it is a great hotel, the staff are friendly and there wasn't any noise in the corridors or outside. The shuttle bus is handy to and from the hotel which we used for NOMA and Union stations.

If it's dark when you arrive, you might miss the hotel as there are no lights on the sign and there are lots of buildings to choose from! We did.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had a positive stay experience. We understand traveling can sometimes be a hassle so we strive to offer a stress free stay to all of our guests.

Thank you for your nice comments on our front desk, room and the security system. . Many of our guests enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro/mall or taking the complimentary shuttle.

Thank you again for your review and look forward for you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

With regards

Oakwood, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed at the Kellogg's Conference Center Hotel for 1 night to attend a tour at the Catholic University of America. The hotel was beautiful. Check in was a pleasure- the gentleman at the desk was most helpful. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Hotel was very quiet even though busy. The bed were very comfortable. A very secure area- a guard is at the gate so there is no one there that doesn't belong and as it it is on the campus of Gallaudet University there is campus security throughout the night. We even went out until and toured the National Mall and returned at 130am and felt very safe. Although it is a smoke free hotel there is a very nice smoking area on the outside.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are happy and honored that you have chosen to make the Kellogg Conference Hotel your choice hotel when you travel to the DC area. Please know we do not take your decision for granted and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.

I am really sorry that you have some challenge making the reservation. Please feel free to contact me for future reservations.

With regards

Hillsborough, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The Kellogg is a great facility with beautiful rooms, easy parking, great breakfasts, very 'green', all amenities, and a fantastic setting on the Gaulladet campus. It's reasonably priced for the area, as well. The only problem is reservations and check-in. Either their system or their staff are not up to the task, but it was a nightmare, and I really wasn't confident that we'd actually be in a room until we were. All in all, I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University? Share your experiences!