“Good price, clean rooms, OK - if you can find it...” 3 of 5 stars

Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Florida Ave. NE, Washington DC, DC 20002   |
Ranked #86 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Good price, clean rooms, OK - if you can find it...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

If you want somewhere to leave your belongings and sleep then it is a great hotel, the staff are friendly and there wasn't any noise in the corridors or outside. The shuttle bus is handy to and from the hotel which we used for NOMA and Union stations.

If it's dark when you arrive, you might miss the hotel as there are no lights on the sign and there are lots of buildings to choose from! We did.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Clement G, Manager at Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had a positive stay experience. We understand traveling can sometimes be a hassle so we strive to offer a stress free stay to all of our guests.

Thank you for your nice comments on our front desk, room and the security system. . Many of our guests enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro/mall or taking the complimentary shuttle.

Thank you again for your review and look forward for you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

With regards

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Oakwood, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed at the Kellogg's Conference Center Hotel for 1 night to attend a tour at the Catholic University of America. The hotel was beautiful. Check in was a pleasure- the gentleman at the desk was most helpful. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Hotel was very quiet even though busy. The bed were very comfortable. A very secure area- a guard is at the gate so there is no one there that doesn't belong and as it it is on the campus of Gallaudet University there is campus security throughout the night. We even went out until and toured the National Mall and returned at 130am and felt very safe. Although it is a smoke free hotel there is a very nice smoking area on the outside.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are happy and honored that you have chosen to make the Kellogg Conference Hotel your choice hotel when you travel to the DC area. Please know we do not take your decision for granted and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.

I am really sorry that you have some challenge making the reservation. Please feel free to contact me for future reservations.

With regards

Hillsborough, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The Kellogg is a great facility with beautiful rooms, easy parking, great breakfasts, very 'green', all amenities, and a fantastic setting on the Gaulladet campus. It's reasonably priced for the area, as well. The only problem is reservations and check-in. Either their system or their staff are not up to the task, but it was a nightmare, and I really wasn't confident that we'd actually be in a room until we were. All in all, I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Koronowo, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Hotel is in the university area. It's realy quiet and safe place but the nieghbourhod of university isn't. I'd be afraid to go out after 11 pm outside universty zone. Perhaps that is just my feeling. But anyway it's quit a long way from hotel to city center. Hotel provides free shuttle bus to union station but it runs only in the morning. Rooms are very spacious, clean and quiet. Breakfast also realy nice. All in all quite good hotel but long way from ciaty center - perfect for buissnes trips, not so much tourists.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Clement G, Manager at Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University, responded to this review, June 25, 2014

Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation. We look forward to your return! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were not sure what to expect but honestly the hotel was lovely. Initial impressions were not good, it's not a Holiday Inn, Best Western or Premier Inn, the room felt a bit tired BUT it was clean, quiet and all the staff were extremely helpful. Hot water when required WiFi in all areas and best of all the regular transport from the hotel direct to Union station where we then saw the sites of Washington from. We only had to get a taxis back to the campus once and that was only €15, all the other times we used the return shuttle from the bus station, all FREE, so all in all a fantastic base to see Washington with the ability to have some peace and quiet after a busy day site seeing, try it, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are fortunate to be in such a convenient location for all the reasons that you mentioned. Many of our guests enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro/mall or taking the complimentary shuttle. I am glad our location was convenient for your needs.

Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We arrived early afternoon and was greatest by a nice guy at the front desk. I think he was new but attempted to be very helpful. Parking was easy but 18 dollars and the university mostly empty. The room was nice. Probably like a 3 star. This am we grabbed some coffee and did not realize we were in a area for a conference. Had a very rude lady tell us to go upstairs to pay. But with that said a lot of nice people along the way. Overall convinence was amazing and I appreciate all the help.

• Stayed May 2014

I am glad to hear that front desk was helpful to you. I am really sorry to hear about the attitude of the F&B outlet. This is absolutely not our standard. I have relayed your message to the concern manager and we will be taking corrective measure to improve the situation.

Marina del Rey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a work project requiring 20 rooms. This property, on the campus of Gallaudet University, suited us well. The hotel is far from fancy and is probably closer to upscale dorms. But it's clean, the staff was very helpful, the wifi was fast and the free shuttle to Union Station was appreciated. If you are coming to see the sights of Washington, it's not exactly where you want to be. It's quite safe since you are in the middle of a campus, but the surrounding neighborhood is iffy. Using the shuttle would be recommended, especially at night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

I am glad that we have met your expectations. The hotel caters a lot of groups and events in a year. Many of our guests enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro/mall or taking the complimentary shuttle.

Thank you for your nice compliments of our conference staff. I will certainly relay your message to our concern manager.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

clement.gomes@gallaudet.edu

Been to Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University? Share your experiences!