“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #82 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed there for one night my daughter goes to college at Gallaudet. Which is the deaf University in Washington DC. The campus is very pretty and they have free shuttle to union station. It is a close walk to H St. which has places to eat. The hotel also has a shuttle that you may take to downtown DC. Rooms are a nice size and very clean this last time we even had a refrigerator in our room. I do not think all rooms have refrigerators. I got a good rate on Expedia.

Room Tip: We had a room on the fifth for this last time and had an awesome view of the capital.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Clement G, Manager at Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University, responded to this review, June 25, 2014

It is nice to read that you liked the room. Regarding refrigerator, if you let us know early, we might provide you one.

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University March 2014. As I was there to visit Gallaudet University and take an exam, it was in an ideal location. I was able to explore campus day and night. It is beautiful!!! The best part is that the majority of the hotel staff sign and are used to Deaf visitors and staff.

As the hotel primarily caters to large groups who regularly reserve the hotel dining areas for their private functions, it was difficult to eat regular meals at the hotel. However, when food was available, it was abundant (buffet-style) as well as excellent. The chef is absolutely terrific! As it was Spring break, the regular eateries on campus were also closed. There is a wonderful Washington, DC food court behind the hotel, but the side gate was only open during the day and closed after regular business hours. The food choices there were excellent.

The hotel rooms were comfortable and very nice. We were in two different rooms, as the plumbing to the shower/bath in the first room had problems and flooded the hallway as they tried to fix it. We were moved to a different room on the other side. The rooms had the same amenities and were equally comfortable. The TVs had channels broadcasting Gallaudet channels, which were run in ASL. They showed the opportunities on campus. My personal favorite was the Gallaudet channel, which showed presentations held on campus by researchers in the field of deafness.

If you take the time to look at the pictures on the walls in the room, the hallways, and the lobby, you will be able to view the history of Gallaudet University and Deaf people. My favorite work of art was in the lobby, close to the conference room. The title is Milan, Italy 1880, where educators met and decided to ban sign language in the classrooms, thus beginning the era of the Dark Ages for Deaf Education.

Room Tip: Having had the chance to try two different rooms on opposite sides of the Hotel, I would say that th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review so others can benefit from your experience. We are fortunate to be in such a convenient location for all the reasons that you mentioned. Many of our guests enjoy having the option of walking inside the university and I am glad our location was convenient for your needs.

It is nice to read that you had a good room service experience and your room met your expectations. I will convey your comments to our chef.

Berwyn, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My sister and I stayed for New Years Eve, when the campus was shut down so the whole place was very quiet. It was clean, beds were comfortable, and staff was very friendly. They gave me the number of a taxi service when I asked. The shuttle to Union Station only operates when the University is open, but they were apologetic and friendly about it. Taxi was less than $10 from the station to the hotel (don't remember the exact amount). Unfortunately taxis were extremely hard to find outside the university, but that may have been a normal thing in DC or just because it was New Years Eve. Only drawback is the walls are pretty thin so you can hear any unusual noises next door (not conversations). Has a cute fountain in the lobby and a little 24 hour shop with essentials and some food. I would definitely stay here again, and the value was great!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Clement G, Manager at Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is nice to read that you and your sister had such an enjoyable stay. I am glad you took advantage of our excellent location.

Many of our guests enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro/mall or taking the complimentary shuttle. I am sorry as Gallaudet University shuttle usually dont operate in holidays. But we are looking into it for an alternate solution so that guest can avail the complimentary service. I am glad that our colleague offer your assitance to get a taxi.

Thank you for your nice comments abou the staff and the outtakes (24 hours Shop). We sale only the healthy choice of foods in outtakes.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime. I really appreciate your time to give your comments.

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at how decent this hotel was for the price point. I never stayed at a hotel on a college campus, so I didnt know what the expect . The hotel was clean and had modern decor. Staff, including campus public safety, were very patient, pleasant and helpful . The location was close enough to lounges and monuments. I would definitely stay here again when I am in DC!

• Stayed January 2014
Clement G, Manager at Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are happy and honored that you have chosen to make the Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet in Washington DC your choice hotel when you travel to the DC area. Please know we do not take your decision for granted and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.

Thank you once again for your comments on our staffs. We will definitely look forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

I really appreciate your time.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

here for a conference. The rooms are fantatstic and really comfortable. Loved the bed. The food is bountiful. They run a shiuttle into the city which was great. Nice, quiet surroundings and really modern. Would definately stay there again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had a positive stay experience. We understand traveling can sometimes be a hassle so we strive to offer a stress free stay to all of our guests.

I am very happy to know that you liked the landscaping and also the shuttle service.

Clement Gomes
Iowa City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

The 24 hour hotel store is well stocked. My daughter got sick in the night so I was very glad to be able to just go downstairs and get NyQuil and cough drops. They also had really good quality snacks (not the usual junk food).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Clement G, Manager at Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am happy to hear that you and your daughter had such an enjoyable stay. We take the pride of selling the healthy foods and snacks as we are here not only to promise a comfortable sleep but a healthy choice of food. I am really happy that we had the right medicine for your daughter.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return! As always, please feel free to contact me or my team for any of your queries and concerns. I really appreciate your time.

Clement S. Gomes
Room Division Manager
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was our second stay at Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University, and once again our stay was unforgettable as it exposed us to young, happy students who had to communicate in sign language--and (as we could experience several times when we took the shuttle bus to Union Station) interacted as if their lives did not have a "handicap." The hotel sports generous, large rooms and bathrooms, and continental breakfast (which is included--if you need to have a full breakfast it's $ 13.95 extra ...) is perfectly adequate in a charming, sunlit breakfast room. The hotel staff was most helpful and cooperative and contributed to a pleasant stay.
A word about the location: The hotel is in the heart of beautiful Gallaudet University, and without the shuttle bus it would indeed be out of the way. But the free bus (running every 15 minutes during the day) to Union Station means that you are right at the edge of the action--getting to the White House or the many museums along the Mall is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet to begin with; our 4th-floor room was preferable to the one one the 3rd floor that w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had a positive stay experience. . We are fortunate to be in such a convenient location for all the reasons that you mentioned. Many of our guests enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro/mall or taking the complimentary shuttle. I am glad our location was convenient for your needs.

We are really honored as you have enjoyed the food and also happy with our service.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon! Please contact me for any of your future query. I really appreciate your time.

Clement Gomes
clement.gomes@gallaudet.edu

Been to Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University? Share your experiences!