Stragihtforward unproblematic hotel: pleasant average size room, good wifi, friendly staff, OK breakfast.
Aspects that I think were not mentioned in earlier reviews:
* There is now a bar/cafe for light meals (typical dishes in 2013 $11) that may post-date some of the earlier reviews. The hotel guide also lists phone numbers of local delivery fast food places if that's what you fancy.
* The breakfast has two options - full American ($13, gets you bacon/potatoes/scrambled egg) or Continental (cheaper, but just porridge, muffins, Danish pastries etc.) - not the European idea of cereals, cheese, etc. Minimal bread options - some sliced white and a toaster.
* Quite a few of the staff are deaf, in keeping with the surrounding university. I thought this quite an appealing aspect, as it's an example of people who might have difficulty in some working environments making a real success of it - it's not problematic as there are normally staff with hearing around, though sometimes you may need to point to a menu choice etc.
* The lobby area has two PCs for guest use as well as the coffee etc. mentioned in another review.
* It's tucked away in the campus and not that easy to find - certainly not an easy stroll to anywhere except the leafy university. Not a problem if you have a car and don't mind DC's traffic, of course. Conversely it's quiet and peaceful with zero traffic noise.
* The air conditioning works well.
* European visitors may be surprised to find no bathplugs, though reception can organise one if you don't like showers.
I'd recommend it if you have specific business in DC and just want somewhere pleasant and reasonably-priced. Because of the location it's not ideal as a tourist base.
My background: British business visitor.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.