“Nice luxury stay in DC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C.

You added Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1330 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington DC, DC 20024   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Daily Dining / Spa Credit
Ranked #33 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice luxury stay in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed pin this hotel for three days under an AMEX special. The hotel is located near the National Mall, close by the Department of Agriculture, and the tidal basin marina. The museums at the Smithsonian and the other attractions by the mall are only a short walk away, which is a real plus. On the other side, the hotel is not close to shopping or other restaurants in kind of an out of the way corner. I think for families the hotel might not be the right place. The hotel itself is marvelous, with a super spa and fitness center/pool facility. The restaurants are very good, particularly if you like an Asian lean. I stayed on the club floor, which was great. I think that this was the best club lounge that I have experienced in any hotel. The staff in this hotel is also the best that i have experienced. they are just great at every turn. The rooms are what you would expect from Mandarin Oriental-perfect in every way, with great housekeeping and turndown service. I would like to have taken the bathroom with me but it wouldn't fit in my luggage. Overall, for a couple on a sightseeing trip, a visit to museums or the national mall or for a luxury business stay, this place is great. If you are looking for shopping and a walk to a diversity of restaurants, there are other luxury hotels in DC that are better.

Room Tip: the rooms on the club floor or with club privileges cannot be beat. The club room serves a nice bre...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Timothy H, Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C., responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear donjskiba,

Thank you for providing such great feedback! As you pointed out, we are just a short walk away from all of the Smithsonian Museums. Additionally, we are centrally located & within walking distance of the Cherry Blossoms! We have a foot bridge from our garden that can easily take you to the Tidal Basin in minutes. Our garden also has a few Cherry Blossom trees to call our own.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Director of Front Office Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here recently for a business trip. The front desk staff at check in was delightful and let me get into my room early. Everyone I encountered during my stay was friendly, professional and helpful. My hair dryer didn't work well (only worked on low) and they were at my door in about 2 minutes with a new one. The banquet service was excellent and the food was very good. All in all, a great stay at the Mandarin.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Timothy H, Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C., responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear NVARedSoxFan,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

For those traveling on business, time can be a very important commodity. As such, we take great care to ensure that our service is not only professional, but timely and efficient as well.

I look forward to welcome you back to Washington, D.C. soon!

baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just attended a three day meeting at the Mandarin Oriental -- staying two nights. I had read other TA reviews and knew that the hotel was a little off the beaten path. It's actually a very short cab or metro ride to Smithsonian museums, Capitol Hill and Union Station. The hotel is, as one would expect of a Mandarin Oriental, beautifully designed with very well trained staff. The public space is lovely. Had a very nice lunch at MUZE, with a view of the Washington marina. My room was luxuriously appointed -- one of the best flat screens I've ever seen in a hotel -- and the bathroom is spectacular. The shower -- a vision of marble with a fabulous rain showerhead -- was the best hotel shower I have ever used. The water pressure was amazing. Room service was fast and delicious. All in all, a first class experience!

Dear mdtravelbaltimore,

Thank you for such a fantastic review.

As mentioned, we are very proud of our location in Southwest Washington, D.C.!

Since guests can avoid many of the main arteries, we have one of the shortest commute times to Capitol Hill and Union Station compared to most other hotels. Additionally, DCA is only a quick five to ten minute cab ride away.

I trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Nation’s Capital soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We loved the MO and would definitely stay again. The only two faults I could say are the pillows are very flat and you only get two per bed (I like lots of pillows!) and the restaurant food at Muze was not good (breakfast or dinner). Other than that, we could not complain. Every staff member we came across was so friendly and helpful. The pool was clean and a nice evening was had swimming laps and watching the sun set behind the Jefferson Memorial. The room was extremely clean and temperate. We had a nice view of the Jefferson. Overall, can't talk highly enough about the staff and how accommodating they were with us and our 10 year old daughter.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Parisa63,

I took the opportunity to share your comments to our team. They were thrilled that both you and your daughter enjoyed your time with us.

All rooms that have a king bed come with four large king pillows, as a standard. However, there are some variations to that rule depending on the room type.

May I ask that you contact me directly at tharleth@mohg.com with your reservation number? I would like the opportunity to ensure you receive extra pillows upon any return visit.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

On a business trip, did experience a very good service which is not that common. Very nice location. Good breakfast experience. Excellent room quality. Free internet as expected. Very competent personnel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear UniMahi,

We were delighted to read such kinds words & trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Washington!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I recently stayed at the MO in DC. It is well known as a luxury hotel and indeed the setting was lovely. We had a very nice room overlooking the Jefferson Memorial and the MLK memorial was in sight. The room was smaller than I expected but that space was well worth the space used for the bathroom. The bathroom was wonderful and I could have spent my entire stay there! However, what really made this luxury hotel worth the price was the service. I was struck by the difference from the moment we arrived. The warmth, genuine welcoming approach, the attention to detail and the personalized care was deeply appreciated by this traveler. Thanks to all who made my stay memorable.

Room Tip: View of Jefferson Memorial was lovely
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Lynn C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback. Indeed, we strive to make our approach to service unique to the mission, vision, and values of our company.

We look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you back!

Morgan Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I felt very welcomed when I entered this hotel. The young lady at the front desk was extremely friendly and courteous. The warm refreshing towel and tea presented at check in was a very nice touch. The room was to die for. Mine was overlooking the water. The bathroom was large and inviting. I took baths every evening I was there. Being there on business I needed the relaxing environment after a long day. Walking in to the room with mood lighting and soft playing music was a nice way end to the day. The bed was very comfortable and the robe and slippers were very nice. I would stay here again and take my spouse along to enjoy the ambiance of this well thought out establishment. Also, the room service was quick and efficient.

Dear Lee0072014,

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us! We are, and will always be, the only Mandarin Oriental in the Nation’s Capital. As such, we give great care and attention to ensure that the special touches in our hotel set us apart.

Director of Front Office Operations

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C.

Address: 1330 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington DC, DC 20024
Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC
#20 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#20 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#36 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#37 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:5 star — Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. 5*
The hotel's unique location on the southwest waterfront makes Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. The only hotel offering views of the Jefferson Memorial and Washington Monument, Tidal Basin and Washington Marina. In addition to exceptional accommodations and gracious service, the hotel features the Forbes Four-Star Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Muze, with locally sourced, Asian-inspired fare and fabulous views, and the AAA Five Diamond CityZen. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
Mandarin Washington Dc
Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental

If you own or manage Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.