I went on a business trip in December to Washington DC. My firm rented out a majority of rooms at the Mandarin. The check in was very nice as was the staff. The room was impeccable with a great big bathtub and separate shower. The bed was comfortable and I appreciated the writing desk and chaise they had in room. You have a great view of the city
The only two issues I had were the restaurants and location. I would've expected a restaurant with perhaps all oriental food but the one that had any oriental food was closed Sunday and Monday. It also had food that was all fluffed up and not regular oriental. The lounge had only 3 or 4 oriental items and the other restaurant has none.
The location was a bit off the beaten path but when you see the view from your window you will forget that part. They have a CVS across the street for any needs you may have (that's a perk).
All in all enjoy your stay at the Mandarin Oriental and take a dip in the tub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel's unique location on the southwest waterfront makes Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. The only hotel offering views of the Jefferson Memorial and Washington Monument, Tidal Basin and Washington Marina. In addition to exceptional accommodations and gracious service, the hotel features the Forbes Four-Star Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Muze, with locally sourced, Asian-inspired fare and fabulous views, and the AAA Five Diamond CityZen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity, Otel, Despegar.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental