Shame on you for charging $50 to park my car. Seriously. I advise guests to use the garage next door for $20.
Otherwise, had a nice anniversary mini-vacation. Alex at the front desk was awesome and gave us a spectacular room vs the original room on the 2nd floor facing the train tracks. We booked through Amex Platinum and enjoyed the benefits. Service was excellent mainly. Pool is one of the nicest in the city but could be kept warmer (it was cold, probably for lap swimmers). Dinner at City Zen was just OK; breakfast at SouWester was great. Drinks in the Empress Bar were perfect - try the Sake-tini which is not on the menu but available.
My one complaint: I didnt sleep that well - mattress was worn in. Felt lumpy and cheap. Perhaps time to replace them. Compared to the Westin, W, Four Seasons mattresses, it was far inferior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel's unique location on the southwest waterfront makes Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. The only hotel offering views of the Jefferson Memorial and Washington Monument, Tidal Basin and Washington Marina. In addition to exceptional accommodations and gracious service, the hotel features the Forbes Four-Star Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Muze, with locally sourced, Asian-inspired fare and fabulous views, and the AAA Five Diamond CityZen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Tingo, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental