“Nice Inn, basic amenities ” 3 of 5 stars

Taft Bridge Inn
2007 Wyoming Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20009   |
Ranked #4 of 49 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice Inn, basic amenities ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had a nice stay. Room was pretty but a bit stuffy during an early warm spell in DC. We found helpful discount coupons at the front desk. Everything was clean. The breakfasts were small and a bit disappointing. While I don't expect Cracker Barrel amounts of food at a B&B, I do like more than a tiny fruit cup, egg, and single slice of toast. We did like the freshly squeezed juice, but ended up finding an early lunch. For the price, I'd prefer a nicer breakfast and some climate control in the room.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

306 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I very much enjoyed my time at the Taft Bridge Inn - it was great to stay in a hotel with such character. The building itself was elegantly decorated with antiques and Japanese art, but it still felt very homely, cosy even. The neighbourhood was green and pleasant, and was but a short walk from the bars and restaurants of Dupont Circle. The staff were gracious hosts - offering useful directions and sight-seeing advice, and preparing a delicious breakfast of porridge, poached eggs on toast, and a side of mouth-watering watermelon prior to my departure. I won't hesitate to book again the next time I visit DC. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed only one night at the Taft Bridge Inn and had to leave early in the morning and that was my only complaint and regret. My room, on the ground floor, was grand. The room itself was large, and well appointed, and the bathtub was the largest I've had in years. But the nicest part was having my own private veranda in the back. Yoshie was perfectly lovely as a hostess, and make me feel very weIcome. look forward to staying at this Inn on my next visit to DC.

Room Tip: Ground floor room was perfect since I didn't have to take suitcases up the stairs.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Washington Dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Why stay at a big sterile DC hotel for mega bucks when you can stay at this charming B&B in Kalorama? It is in a real DC neighborhood versus some noisy downtown location, and it is a lovely 15-minute walk across the Taft Bridge to the Woodley Park Metro (Red Line). The breakfasts were terrific, and the staff super-helpful. On my next biz trip, I am staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a great time while I stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn. The hotel's atmosphere is quite warm and Jennifer and Yoshie made me feel like I was at home even though I'd just got down from the plane. It's a great place to start searching for you own place in DC as it's affordable and surrounded by very nice buildings, which you might visit in case you're planning to lease something nearby, in a neighborhood that has pretty much everything you need, ranging from great restaurants to lively and interesting bars within walking distance. It's really worth the money!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I agree with the positive feedback left by others. This is the third place of accommodation during my visit to the United States and by far the best in terms of value for money and cleanliness. The shared lounge rooms allow you to relax outside of your room and the furnishings are comfortable and consistent with the era of the home. The bed sheets bed were white and ironed crease free.

Great staff and a great stay. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Thank you Yoshie and Jennifer for a wonderful stay. I felt so well taken care of. It was a home away from home. The breakfasts were wonderful. My room was lovely. And I especially appreciated your willingness to offer suggestions about where to eat. It was all grand!

Room Tip: I had 22 which was lovely. I think 16 would be the best -- I peeked ;-)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Taft Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!