“"Always a good experience” 5 of 5 stars

Taft Bridge Inn
2007 Wyoming Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20009   |
Announcement
Free Sports Club Pass !
“"Always a good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've been staying at Taft Bridge for years and have always had a good experience. The building is great, the rooms are pleasant, the rooms are nice and the staff are unfailingly welcoming and helpful. If you're looking for an alternative to cookie cutter hotel rooms, it's a great option.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
new zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Taft Bridge Inn was a wonderful stay. In a charming and quiet neighbourhood location, I had 2 nights. The staff was wonderfully accommodating as I asked beforehand if it was okay to have some packages to be delivered to the Inn (as I was flying overseas after my stay); they graciously said yes, and the packages were in the room when I arrived. The Inn is beautiful with lots of charm and interest. he owner is kind and wonderfully interesting and helped me with packing tape etc get ready to leave - telling me "we have everything here", and she was right. I had the room at the top with a private bath, perfect sitting area, and the most comfortable bed. Definitely recommend, especially as a great location to Dupont Circle, and easy to get to the Mall, Adams Morgan and elsewhere.

Room Tip: My room was #18, with a lovely sofa and 2 chairs for sitting, a desk for working (which I really did...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My partner and I stayed here while I attended a conference and he explored DC. It's a great location, within walking distance of good eats and public transit. Jennifer and the staff were welcoming and full of good advice about places to go, things to do, and interesting bits of DC trivia (BTW, Shirley Temple Black used to live in the house next door!). Our room was comfortable and the bed slept like a dream. Breakfast each morning was a delicious treat, especially Jennifer's vita-juice smoothies and brioche French toast! It was a great stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

My stay was just what I wa looking for. Clean, quiet, and with a great breakfast included!
My room was smaller as I chose a shared bath room. There are 2 to choose from in the hall, and both a kept very clean. My room had a desk that I needed for work and a comfortable bed. I watched the tv in the common area as was told only rooms with a private bath have tv's and that was fine by me. I will return the next time I come to Washington.

• Stayed April 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Made a stop in DC from NYC to visit an old college friend. He recommended the Taft Bridge which I was somewhat hesitant about. I’m use to chain hotels with predictable facilities and services. I don’t think I will stay again at a chain outfit. The Taft Bridge was nice and eclectic Federalist style building with a pleasant Asian touch. The reception area was like walking into the late 19th century. Rooms were very plush and comfortable. Staff were pleasant, but discreet which I consider great customer service. A bonus was the nice breakfast served fresh every morning.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed for an overnight to attend an event. Was interested to meet a few repeat guests at the breakfast table (which was my favorite B&B breakfast ever--poached eggs!). Interesting property with lots of charm. Comfortable and had everything I required. It was clean, but a teeny bit worn in places. I would return if I needed a place in DC.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn for several days (Apr 9-14) while attending a conference at the nearly Hilton hotel. The Taft Bridge Inn is on a quiet side street only a block from the Hilton and other Dupont Circle hotels, and definitely provides a wonderfully charming alternative to staying in a conference hotel. The Inn is in a lovely 100 year old house that is beautifully and comfortably appointed. Room was pretty and quiet, bed and bath were clean and comfy, food was excellent (yes, even the 'scary' juice... a refreshing mixed fruit/veg juice), and staff were very friendly and helpful (but not intrusive). The fridge with cold water and soft drinks was a welcome sight after a long day. I will most certainly stay at Taft Bridge Inn when in DC, and recommend it to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Taft Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!