“My Favorite B&B in DC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taft Bridge Inn

You added Taft Bridge Inn to your Saves list
Taft Bridge Inn
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2007 Wyoming Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20009   |
Ranked #6 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
“My Favorite B&B in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Taft Bridge Inn is my "home away from home" whenever I visit DC for an overnight or multi-day stay. Located on a quiet street just a 10-minute walk north of Dupont Circle, Taft Bridge Inn offers very comfortable lodgings in lovely rooms. The breakfasts are outstanding and can be tailored for individual preferences. The Washington Post is always available in the morning for guests. The staff is exceedingly friendly and works hard to make one's stay pleasurable. And you cannot beat the price.

Room Tip: The shared bath arrangements work very well and will save you money.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We so appreciate that you have been staying with us all this time and look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn while waiting for furniture to arrive at my new apartment in DC. I have stayed at several B&Bs in the district before on short trips and this one is by far the best that I have been to.

The historic mansion is beautiful with a lot of character in the common areas and the rooms. Someone obviously spent a lot of time making sure the decor and design of the interiors was as welcoming and comfortable as possible.

I originally booked room 19 (one of the cheaper options) with a shared bathroom. Upon arrival I was offered a room upgrade to a room on the second floor with a private bath for only $10 extra a night (The room I was upgraded to would normally have been $60 more a night). While I don't mind having the shared bath the cheap upgrade was certainly appreciated.

The inn seems to draw an interesting international crowd. I had breakfast with an orthopedic surgeon from Luxembourg and his family and a Norwegian oil driller...all of whom provided excellent conversation to start off the day.

The breakfasts were phenomenal and the staff genuinely cared about making something each morning that the guests wanted to have rather than just imposing a fixed choice. Pastries and drinks were set out in the afternoons and were a tasty and refreshing addition.

All in all I have nothing bad to say about the Taft Bridge Inn and will definitely recommend it to anyone visiting the District.

Room Tip: Room 18 is beautifully decorated with an oriental theme, wall panels, and deep red walls.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed in the room right next to the front door and didn't have any trouble with noise which was a very pleasant surprise! I like firm beds and this bed fit the bill wonderfully - I slept very soundly all three nights. I only ate breakfast there once because I was up and out very early most mornings but the breakfast I did have was delicious! Made hot and fresh just for me. If I end up back in DC I will definitely be staying here again. Wonderful atmosphere, great location and friendly hosts. And the price is pretty great, too!

Room Tip: I had a private bathroom which was great, but the place is so clean I don't think I would have m...
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Had a very good recent stay at the Taft Bridge Inn. It's in an ideal location on a quiet leafy street yet walking distance to Dupont Circle. Decor is Japanese influence and quite sophisticated. Excellent breakfast and service, beautiful rooms. Would definitely stay again.

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Took my niece to DC to visit colleges, etc. We stayed in a twin room with a shared bathroom. While the beds were terribly uncomfortable, everything else at the B&B redeemed this essential problem. Jennifer is a great host and made delicious breakfasts. Much appreciated were the afternoon freshly-baked goods. Never had a problem with the shared bath. The uphill walk to the B&B was hard to do in the summer swelter of DC but taking a bus or a taxi solves that problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for the kind words, quick note-as everyone likes a bed either hard or soft, and even in between, we can add or take away memory foam for your comfort, just please let us know as we hope you visit with us again!
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at Taft Bridge three nights during a downtown convention, because the convention center hotels were full. I will absolutely stay there again next time. The house is lovely, my room with private bath was very pretty and comfortable (and a third the price of the downtown hotels). Jen, the manager, was very helpful with all sorts of local recommendations, from transportation to a great park for running. The neighborhood was also fun.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Versailles, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed there for 3 days on a business related trip from France, as I’m fed up with “branded” type hotels who all look and feel the same, with impersonal and lukewarm welcome.
Jennifer is a fantastic host, amenities are fine and you can still have your privacy if wish to.
What else can I say ? I’ll be back…

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
It was great having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Taft Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!