“First time in DC” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 49 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“First time in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed in the room right next to the front door and didn't have any trouble with noise which was a very pleasant surprise! I like firm beds and this bed fit the bill wonderfully - I slept very soundly all three nights. I only ate breakfast there once because I was up and out very early most mornings but the breakfast I did have was delicious! Made hot and fresh just for me. If I end up back in DC I will definitely be staying here again. Wonderful atmosphere, great location and friendly hosts. And the price is pretty great, too!

Room Tip: I had a private bathroom which was great, but the place is so clean I don't think I would have m...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Had a very good recent stay at the Taft Bridge Inn. It's in an ideal location on a quiet leafy street yet walking distance to Dupont Circle. Decor is Japanese influence and quite sophisticated. Excellent breakfast and service, beautiful rooms. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Took my niece to DC to visit colleges, etc. We stayed in a twin room with a shared bathroom. While the beds were terribly uncomfortable, everything else at the B&B redeemed this essential problem. Jennifer is a great host and made delicious breakfasts. Much appreciated were the afternoon freshly-baked goods. Never had a problem with the shared bath. The uphill walk to the B&B was hard to do in the summer swelter of DC but taking a bus or a taxi solves that problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for the kind words, quick note-as everyone likes a bed either hard or soft, and even in between, we can add or take away memory foam for your comfort, just please let us know as we hope you visit with us again!
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at Taft Bridge three nights during a downtown convention, because the convention center hotels were full. I will absolutely stay there again next time. The house is lovely, my room with private bath was very pretty and comfortable (and a third the price of the downtown hotels). Jen, the manager, was very helpful with all sorts of local recommendations, from transportation to a great park for running. The neighborhood was also fun.

Versailles, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed there for 3 days on a business related trip from France, as I’m fed up with “branded” type hotels who all look and feel the same, with impersonal and lukewarm welcome.
Jennifer is a fantastic host, amenities are fine and you can still have your privacy if wish to.
What else can I say ? I’ll be back…

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
It was great having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lake Elmo, Minnesota, U.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Taft Bridge Inn is a lovely mansion built in 1902 and since updated and turned into a bed and breakfast. The furnishings fit with the period of the house. My room was clean and comfortable. Jennifer and Louis answered all of my questions and provided very good recommendations when I asked for them. They went the extra mile in the niceties that make all the difference. The inn is walking distance from more good restaurants than I could sample in a week of lunches and dinners. The breakfast at the Inn was wonderful. I don't get to DC often, but when I do return, I will stay at the Taft Bridge Inn.

Room Tip: I stayed in the bedroom on the first floor. I wondered whether I'd hear people talking in the c...
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed 7/6/13 through 7/11/13 - this is a great place! The manager, Jen, is the perfect combination of first class service and old friend comfort. The house is amazing and well located for anything you are doing in the city. Best advice we received from the staff - catch bus 42 around the corner, it will take you to the metro, save your walking for the fun stuff! Staying here made a wonderful trip fabulous! Don't miss out on the Taft Bridge Inn!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind review and we loved having you stay with us! Please come back soon!

Been to Taft Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!