“Taft Bridge Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Taft Bridge Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great place to stay. It is a great value. The staff is professional and attentive. Breakfast was excellent. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Location was great for walking.

I would recommend to anyone

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

It is the best I have ever lived in DC, not only the comfortable room, but also the greatest service, warmness and flexibility. I could see smile everyday, and I feel really like home. The staff here would like do whatever to help, Strongly recommended.

Sonoma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn every time I come to DC (from California) for the past 10 years. I absolutely love it! The Inn is charming and cozy -- so different from downtown hotels -- and it's conveniently located to easily access tourist sites and business meeting locations. The owner and staff are warm and friendly, always doing what they can to accommodate any special needs or offer advice on things to see and do. On my recent trip, I stayed for a combined 5 nights, including 2 with my husband and 4-year old. My 4 year old loves it as much as I do, which says a lot! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thanks so much for staying with us all of these years, we love it when you come to visit!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lots to like about this B&B. It's cute, has got parking, nice breakfasts, good value. When I arrived I was pleased to learn they have a membership of a local gym and it's just south of an area with really cool bars; earthy and with a good vibe. I choose the cheapest room in the house, which you won't be surprised to learn was the smallest. It shared a bathroom and there were no problems with sharing. The larger rooms I noticed were nicer and in hindsight I wish I'd have chosen on of them. You can walk to all the sights if you don't want to use the metro. It's a long but nice walk.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for!
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Taft Bridge Inn is an amazing place to stay at. It is extremely quiet and clean, and staffed by great people. Breakfast was varied and copious. It is strategically located near many restaurants and some of the best/liveliest bookstores in Washington. A great place to be able to sleep in peace.

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I highly recommend the Taft Bridge Inn. The staff is phenomenal and the quality of the place is excellent. The location f the inn is really convenient and easy to get to and from anywhere.Whenever I come to DC I know I will be staying there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've never felt so at home at any other accommodation. Really well furnished Inn with loads of character and a great hostess. Even having a shared bathroom wasn't an issue - it was always clean and available. I had a small single room on the top floor but it was nicely laid out and I never felt like I didn't have enough space.

I liked the location too; very close by to a wide range restaurants and a quick cab ride to the museums, monuments etc. The zoo is also about a 20 min walk away.

I was surprised at the quality of the breakfasts, which kept me going for hours of walking around DC. You were always offered more in case you weren't full up too! The coffee and juice was also great.

If I ever find myself in DC again then I'll definitely be coming back here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Taft Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!