“Rave review” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 50 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Sonoma, California
“Rave review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn every time I come to DC (from California) for the past 10 years. I absolutely love it! The Inn is charming and cozy -- so different from downtown hotels -- and it's conveniently located to easily access tourist sites and business meeting locations. The owner and staff are warm and friendly, always doing what they can to accommodate any special needs or offer advice on things to see and do. On my recent trip, I stayed for a combined 5 nights, including 2 with my husband and 4-year old. My 4 year old loves it as much as I do, which says a lot! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thanks so much for staying with us all of these years, we love it when you come to visit!

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lots to like about this B&B. It's cute, has got parking, nice breakfasts, good value. When I arrived I was pleased to learn they have a membership of a local gym and it's just south of an area with really cool bars; earthy and with a good vibe. I choose the cheapest room in the house, which you won't be surprised to learn was the smallest. It shared a bathroom and there were no problems with sharing. The larger rooms I noticed were nicer and in hindsight I wish I'd have chosen on of them. You can walk to all the sights if you don't want to use the metro. It's a long but nice walk.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Taft Bridge Inn is an amazing place to stay at. It is extremely quiet and clean, and staffed by great people. Breakfast was varied and copious. It is strategically located near many restaurants and some of the best/liveliest bookstores in Washington. A great place to be able to sleep in peace.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I highly recommend the Taft Bridge Inn. The staff is phenomenal and the quality of the place is excellent. The location f the inn is really convenient and easy to get to and from anywhere.Whenever I come to DC I know I will be staying there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've never felt so at home at any other accommodation. Really well furnished Inn with loads of character and a great hostess. Even having a shared bathroom wasn't an issue - it was always clean and available. I had a small single room on the top floor but it was nicely laid out and I never felt like I didn't have enough space.

I liked the location too; very close by to a wide range restaurants and a quick cab ride to the museums, monuments etc. The zoo is also about a 20 min walk away.

I was surprised at the quality of the breakfasts, which kept me going for hours of walking around DC. You were always offered more in case you weren't full up too! The coffee and juice was also great.

If I ever find myself in DC again then I'll definitely be coming back here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend the Taft Bridge Inn to anyone looking for a comfortable and quiet place to stay in the midst of the WA DC hubbub. The staff is friendly and helpful. Offering suggestions and information readily. And Jennifer's breakfasts were delicious and fresh.
I traveled solo for a few fun days in DC and was immediately made comfortable at the Taft. It is located within easy walking distance to Dupont Circle restraunts and Metro as well as to the vibarant Adams Morgan district. Additionally, the Rock Creek Parkway is easily accessible for running and bike paths that offer a nice greenway to the National Mall.

• Stayed June 2013
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
It was great having you stay with us, your cheerful attitude was appreciated by all at breakfast! Please do come and visit us again and maybe bring the daughter to the Spy Museum next time!
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I love this place! It was years since my last visit, but the owner remembered me and made me feel right at home. The Inn is charming and the rooms are quaint with free wi-fi. Easy walk to Dupont or Adams Morgan. Best bargain in downtown D.C.!

Room Tip: For the budget conscious, consider a room with a shared bath. There's a good chance you'll h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Taft Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!