“An Amazing place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
NY
“An Amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I highly recommend the Taft Bridge Inn. The staff is phenomenal and the quality of the place is excellent. The location f the inn is really convenient and easy to get to and from anywhere.Whenever I come to DC I know I will be staying there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've never felt so at home at any other accommodation. Really well furnished Inn with loads of character and a great hostess. Even having a shared bathroom wasn't an issue - it was always clean and available. I had a small single room on the top floor but it was nicely laid out and I never felt like I didn't have enough space.

I liked the location too; very close by to a wide range restaurants and a quick cab ride to the museums, monuments etc. The zoo is also about a 20 min walk away.

I was surprised at the quality of the breakfasts, which kept me going for hours of walking around DC. You were always offered more in case you weren't full up too! The coffee and juice was also great.

If I ever find myself in DC again then I'll definitely be coming back here!

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend the Taft Bridge Inn to anyone looking for a comfortable and quiet place to stay in the midst of the WA DC hubbub. The staff is friendly and helpful. Offering suggestions and information readily. And Jennifer's breakfasts were delicious and fresh.
I traveled solo for a few fun days in DC and was immediately made comfortable at the Taft. It is located within easy walking distance to Dupont Circle restraunts and Metro as well as to the vibarant Adams Morgan district. Additionally, the Rock Creek Parkway is easily accessible for running and bike paths that offer a nice greenway to the National Mall.

• Stayed June 2013
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
It was great having you stay with us, your cheerful attitude was appreciated by all at breakfast! Please do come and visit us again and maybe bring the daughter to the Spy Museum next time!
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I love this place! It was years since my last visit, but the owner remembered me and made me feel right at home. The Inn is charming and the rooms are quaint with free wi-fi. Easy walk to Dupont or Adams Morgan. Best bargain in downtown D.C.!

Room Tip: For the budget conscious, consider a room with a shared bath. There's a good chance you'll h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great location; beautiful and clean place where each room has its own unique character; staff were very friendly and helpful. I would strongly reccommend this place to others looking for a place to stay - whether for pleasure or business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
St. Helier, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This quaint and beautifully maintained bed and breakfast is perfect for a short stay in DC. The location is excellent at the top end of Connecticut Avenue. The hostess is personable, convivial and very amenable. I loved the little touches about this place, which make all the difference such as the complementary iced tea provided on arrival and the delicious home cooked breakfast. I couldn't recommend this place more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
It was great having you and your friend here! If your ever back on this side of the pond we hope you stay with us again!
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights to take in the sights of DC. We were glad we found a reasonably priced, comfortable and safe place to stay in a city that can be so expensive during the busy tourist season! The house is very large and has a nice "old charm" feel to it. We found our room with flowers every evening after our expeditions into DC which was very nice. The entire staff was very very friendly during our stay there and we would be happy to come back! Breakfast was made-to-order every morning. Our room started to get kind of warm on the 2nd night there and by the 3rd evening, we arrived to the hotel to find an A/C unit had been installed for us! This is the type of personalized service we really appreciated during our stay. Thank you! You really made our trip to DC lovely!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Taft Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!