“Taft Bridge = Excellent stay in DC” 5 of 5 stars

2007 Wyoming Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20009   |
Announcement
Free Sports Club Pass !
New York City, New York
“Taft Bridge = Excellent stay in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great location; beautiful and clean place where each room has its own unique character; staff were very friendly and helpful. I would strongly reccommend this place to others looking for a place to stay - whether for pleasure or business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
St. Helier, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This quaint and beautifully maintained bed and breakfast is perfect for a short stay in DC. The location is excellent at the top end of Connecticut Avenue. The hostess is personable, convivial and very amenable. I loved the little touches about this place, which make all the difference such as the complementary iced tea provided on arrival and the delicious home cooked breakfast. I couldn't recommend this place more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
It was great having you and your friend here! If your ever back on this side of the pond we hope you stay with us again!
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights to take in the sights of DC. We were glad we found a reasonably priced, comfortable and safe place to stay in a city that can be so expensive during the busy tourist season! The house is very large and has a nice "old charm" feel to it. We found our room with flowers every evening after our expeditions into DC which was very nice. The entire staff was very very friendly during our stay there and we would be happy to come back! Breakfast was made-to-order every morning. Our room started to get kind of warm on the 2nd night there and by the 3rd evening, we arrived to the hotel to find an A/C unit had been installed for us! This is the type of personalized service we really appreciated during our stay. Thank you! You really made our trip to DC lovely!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great rate! Great people! HIGHLY recommend this to anyone. I had a 5-day conference at the Washington Convention Center, and my wife and I were looking for something a little different from the standard hotel stay. The folks at Taft Bridge Inn provided just what we needed. I would take the #42 bus each morning and my wife would take the Metro Red Line to see the sites! This is a great way to experience a good feel for life in DC without paying an arm and a leg to stay in closer. And Jennifer, the manager, was simply phenomenal! The owner, Yoshi, is from Japan and apparently a world traveler. She has decorated the home very tastefully with a great blend of worldwide art.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 19, which is on the top floor, has two twin beds, and shares a bathroom with anoth...
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

On a solo trip to see my sister graduate, I was looking for a budget option for a single person. Taft Bridge offers some smaller rooms for under $100 per night. This is unheard of in DC. Breakfast was delicious, and the Inn is beautifully kept up. In addition, the location--in the Dupont Circle neighborhood and an easy walk to the Metro--could not be better. I will definitely return here whenever I need accommodations in DC.

Room Tip: Inquire about whether your room will have A/C. I traveled in spring, so there was no need, and I do...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind review! Quick note, there is a/c in every room, even the smaller business rooms : )
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here for five nights and have nothing but good things to stay about the place. Excellent location close to the bars and restaurants near Dupont circle, set back on a quiet leafy street close to the Rock Creek trails (which are very pleasant for running) and the Marriot Wardman Park where I was attending a conference. The staff are friendly and attentive, the home-cooked breakfasts are delicious, and the whole place has a really nice family vibe where you can chat to fellow guests over coffee and pancakes. For the money you really can't go wrong with the Taft Bridge Inn - I would definitely stay here again.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I recently stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn for the second time. This time I stayed for 5 nights. The entire experience was simply first rate. These are the aspects that I appreciate the most:
- the charming inn and its beautiful interior and furnishings
- the delicious, healthy, freshly prepared breakfasts (just the rights amount)
- the communal breakfast table and all the interesting conversations that occur there.
- the complimentary wifi
- the location
- the complimentary health club pass
- the great staff, Jennifer in particular who was so great about sending me the items that I left behind and re-doing my invoice to meet my employer's requirements.
All in all, it is simply a GREAT place to stay and I will definitely do exactly that the next time I am in DC.

Room Tip: Take advantage of their website to obtain a visual impression of the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thanks for the kind review and we will see you again next year!

Been to Taft Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!