“Basic, comfortable, adequate” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 49 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Basic, comfortable, adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed 3 nights. The location is good, very walkable to Dupont Circle or Adams Morgan. I wouldn't say this qualifies as a good B&B, more like an upscale boarding house. They cater largely to business people and for that it is probably suitable. You won't get the extra perks like specialty soaps or fluffy towels.The rooms are comfortable and clean. The place is an older home, and it shows its age. As for breakfast I couldn't say. I was disappointed that they did not keep brewed coffee going at least for early morning risers, so when I got up in the morning, all that was avaialble was instant... unusual for a B&B, and no tea selection (try the Green...) Staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and giving us a try! We are not a boutique bed & breakfast and don't have specialty soaps but we do offer organic soaps and shampoos. Im sorry to hear you weren't shown the second tea box where there are plenty of teas to select from along with the hot water that is always available-and now that its warm we have iced tea too! Breakfast is started at 7:30 to accommodate both vacation travelers and guest coming to Washington on business. While we do consider ourselves above an upscale boarding house in this one hundred and ten year old inn, sometimes you just cant be everything to everyone, but we do succeed in making most people happy as our many reviews contest to!

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I often choose my conference Inn or hotel via on line services. The pictures of TBI are precise, real and the reviews are all good. My experience was no different than what was written. I found the staff with whom I interacted helpful and friendly, the Inn itself rather gorgeous and pretty darned clean for an old once-mansion! I didn't expect to get waited on at breakfast time--that was a plus. I wish I were more of a morning person to have benefited! The heating at night can be intense, but the windows open and the heaters DO turn off; as well, do run the shower water to get hot sink water. The place is Victorian and such realities were by no means inconveniences. The area is safe, my room was SO quiet (I am very sensitive to noise), and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I highly recommend this Inn to travellers seeking one. I had room 17 (two beds with a private w/c).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We loved having you here! You were a lot of fun to visit with and we hope we get a chance to do it again soon!
Crestwood, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was great staying at the Taft Bridge Inn. Great B&B with excellent food and pleasant company at an affordable rate (in the perfect location for my trip). I highly recommend it and would stay there again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Taft Bridge Inn is quirky, cute and comfortable. The location is great if you are wanting to spend time in Dupont or Adams Morgan. Beautiful area to walk around. I would recommend they get new towels. But for the great price i will bring my own towel,,no problem

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful 3-night stay at the Taft Bridge Inn. We were very happy to be able to park our car securely in their lot (for about $18 a day including tax) and walk everywhere or take the metro. Jennifer, the staff member we were most in contact with, was particularly accommodating about this, even making several telephone calls to another guest to check the status of her parking reservation so that we could be sure to have a space. Our room was #20 on the top floor, and was very spacious and well-appointed with its own lounge area of sofa, two easy chairs, and a coffee table. What we could have used was more light, especially a good reading lamp or two, but that is a small nit. Jennifer was nice enough to show us several other guest rooms, and they were all painted bright lacquer-like colors (purple, blue, orange; ours was a kind of burnt pomegranate) and there are gorgeous Oriental rugs throughout. Breakfast was just fine, and certainly conducive to much interesting conversation with the fascinating politically-engaged guests who seem to be the norm. I would not have minded more personal suggestions from the staff about places to dine and special points of interest, but the "silent concierge" did have some decent information. I thoroughly recommend the place and will return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thanks so much for staying with us and hope you do again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn numerous times over the years. It is beautifully maintained, with lovely rooms, comfortable beds and a quietly attentive staff. The only draw back is that some of the showers use shower curtains that create an awkward shower space and are hard to close. Also, the soap and shampoo dispensers are a bit awkward as well, and it would be better served by real bars of soap. Otherwise - the place is great, the coffee is excellent, breakfasts are custom cooked and delicious, Yoshi the proprietress is delightful, and the location to Adams Morgan and the beautiful Kalorama neighborhood is terrific - also, near Connecticut Avenue, Rock Creek Park, and Taft Bridge itself is one of the most beautifully designed bridges anywhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have been in D.C. many times and have stayed in many different places but this is my favorite. Centrally located, affordable, very nicely decorated rooms, clean and quiet with really friendly staff and a good breakfast. A really nice and comfortable ambiente that makes me feel very welcome.This is DC's best kept secret, I have been coming back for three years now and plan on many more!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We love having you visit every year and next year your idea of bringing your bike is great!

Been to Taft Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!