“A very disappointing evening” 1 of 5 stars

202-756-4964
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: iGuide Tours was founded by a small, yet committed group of experienced Washington D.C. tour professionals who agreed that it was time to build a sightseeing company in our nation's capitol that was worthy of this great American city. iGuide Tours offers three different tours; 3 times a day; 7 days a week. A licensed Washington DC tour guide will hop on and off the bus with the guest at each attraction to explain the history of each location. iGuide Tours also conducts its tours using 2012 Mercedes Sprinters to provide the highest quality possible.
Los Angeles, California
11 attraction reviews
“A very disappointing evening”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Both of the previous postings are concerning and should give you pause before you book a tour with this company. Our family of four booked the night tour of the monuments on the morning of 2/17. We arrived at the meeting location at 6:45 p.m. for a 7:00 p.m. van pick up. The weather was blustery and 27 degrees. We waited until 7:30 p.m. and watched as another company boarded its customers onto a warm van. My husband called 3 times and left messages for a call back. We did not hear back and unfortunately booked this tour on our last night in D.C., so we did not have the option of booking with another company. We emailed and asked for a full refund and received an email letting us know that their computerized booking system was down and they were not able to contact us to let us know that the tour was canceled. They offered us two complimentary tours for our next visit (we live in California so it's unlikely that we'll be heading back anytime soon) and a full refund. We have not yet received notice that the refund was made to our credit card. Based on the last posting, we hope that it will not be problematic. The company has had many great reviews - hopefully, this was simply an unfortunate computer error on their part. A most disappointing evening.

Visited February 2013

“No tour but no refund!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Booked the monuments by moonlight tour for 2/7/13. Tour company canceled 4:30 day of tour. I was assured they would refund to my credit card. Have called Iguide tours three times and still no refund!! I booked same tour for next night on grayline, it was 15.00 cheaper and Eric our driver was great!! I recommend you choose Grayline, but if you do book with Iguide do not book your last night or you may be out of luck and be prepared for a hassle disputing charges with your credit card company.

Visited February 2013
Sugar Land, TX USA (near Houston)
36 attraction reviews
“They cancelled two hours before tour”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Got a call to cancel two hours before tour as we only ones who booked. I don't believe their site said anything about chance of cancellation for low booking #'s. As we were out in DC I didn't have time to go back to hotel to research another option so that ruined a whole evening.

They should state in BOLD that tours subject to cancellation if minimum number doesn't book.

I found another tour for tomorrow night with lower review ratings BUT I'm not sure that low booking numbers for this tour isn't indicative of their quality??

Columbus, OH
“great, personal tour; worth a little extra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My family of four (2 adults, 2 kids ages 10 and 12) took the DC iGuide tour last weekend with Nick. Fabulous. There were only 7 people in our group. Small bus. Pick up/drop off right at the sights. No waiting around for a bus to come. Nick got off at each site and walked and talked with us. And gave us time to explore on our own. His knowledge of history, facts, figures is amazing. And add in some humor to boot! All in all a great tour. Take this one and spend a bit more money for the personalized service and LIVE tour guide! I believe the other, larger tours leave you waiting around for a pickup an have recorded info. Highly recommend.

Houston, Texas
“Excellent Tour with very professional Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Me and My family ( 5 people) went to DC for New Year and booked a tour with Iguide Tours for the night and loved every minute of it. From being picked up on time to feeling very well treated and comfortable during the all 3 hours of the tour. What made this tour very different was the Guide himself, a young driven Historian named Nick assisted by a very competent driver Aby. Nick was spectacular with the sites, the knowledge of the city and peculiar facts about everything we had an appetite for in questions. Very, extremely kid friendly, very engaging and always keeping the same level of enthusiasm. I would recommend this company to anyone visiting Washington DC and wanting to be personally attended to with the upmost knowledge about such and historic place
Thank you Nick and Aby, my kids still point the tour as being the highlight for our trip

Visited December 2012

Been to iGuide Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage iGuide Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.