“A special home with a talented and caring hostess” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stone Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
Stone Manor
Ellicot and Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Upper Northwest)   |
new york
“A special home with a talented and caring hostess”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stone Manor is a beautiful and spectacularly decorated home in a quiet, convenient section of Washington D.C. This was our second visit, and we wished we could have stayed longer. Our hostess, Karen went out of her way to meet our needs, We had wonderful discussions! Breakfast was great and again the hostess was very attuned to out wishes and tastes. The home and decor proved endlessly interesting to us with many photos, books and international objects. We can't wait to return and to stay for a longer visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in October 2013, in the blue room (queen bed, separate bath). The separate bath is beside the room, not shared -- you just have to go a couple of steps in the hallway between the bedroom and bathroom. While we agree with another review that a few aspects of the house could use some TLC (bathroom, old tube TVs), this is not of consequence -- we had no problems or complaints and we enjoyed our stay. The house is in an area of multi-million dollar homes, quiet and enjoyable for walking, not far from Connecticut Avenue (bus service) and in between a couple of subway stops so not far to walk for public transportation. We parked in Karen's driveway. Karen is a very interesting and accommodating hostess, and listening to some of her life experiences was eye-opening. Our biggest surprise was meeting deer on both of our evening walks! We would suggest putting a queen bed in the green room -- there's lots of space for it, and it would do away with what for many couples is only one choice of bedroom. We would stay at Stone Manor again, no hesitation.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a great stay here, beautiful home. Easy access by public transport to downtown Washington and walking distance to great restaurants. We had no car. Karen was a friendly informative interesting hostess the accommodation was clean, comfortable and private.

Room Tip: Did not see all rooms but very quiet tree lined street.
East Aurora, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

What a perfect haven in Washington DC! The best thing about Stone Manor is the hostess, Karen DeWitt. She is an amazing person with so much to share and a fantastic hostess! Sunday Brunch..don't miss it..Karen is a great cook along with her long list of super talents. Our room was lovely, clean and comfortable and amazingly quiet in the middle of crazy busy city. Let me just say that the shower is WONDERFUL.....gushing hot water.....you never want to get out. No problem parking. If you are looking for a warm, homey haven in DC, this is the place.

Room Tip: Parking in DC is an unavailable luxury. Stone Manor affords convenient parking. Quiet, clean, conv...
Charlottesville VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful home, nice quiet location with private parking, yet an easy walk to the nearest bus stop for downtown. Karen is a delightful host and went well out of her way to accommodate our desires. Cannot recommend highly enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I reviewed this property just after my visit in june but i cant find it, so I'm rewriting. The home is beautiful. The host makes you feel welcome, and she seems like an old friend to me. Even though we had just met, i felt completely comfortable, and at home. My room was comfortable and private. The house is in a great spot. Close enough, but also away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The neighborhood is beautiful, and green. I felt very safe. Karen was great. Very kind to me. She went out of her way to help me on a couple of occasions. I stayed for a week, and felt like I lived there by the time I left. My room was the blue room. It was very comfortable, with everything I needed, and plenty of storage space. Sunday brunch was delicious. I can't think of a single bad thing to say. The reviews about the TLC need are too picky. The house was built in the 20s, so your going to have imperfections. I prefer character to the sterility of a new place. You won't be disappointed with this selection. Probably like me, will be pleasantly surprised, and look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: blue room has bigger bed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My daughter and I came to Washington to see the sights but she got sick and was laid up for two days. Our hostess was solicitous of both of us, providing a thermometer, and my daughter felt safe and comfortable in the spacious and quiet house. We didn't see as many sights as we had planned, but Ms. DeWitt provided us with an ideal place to rest and recover. She was completely at ease with the situation and encouraged us to make the house our home during the three days we were there. She was very gracious and the Stone Manor was a real sanctuary!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Stone Manor? Share your experiences!