“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stone Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
Stone Manor
You added Stone Manor to your Saves list
Ellicot and Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20005   |
Ranked #15 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
alabama
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I reviewed this property just after my visit in june but i cant find it, so I'm rewriting. The home is beautiful. The host makes you feel welcome, and she seems like an old friend to me. Even though we had just met, i felt completely comfortable, and at home. My room was comfortable and private. The house is in a great spot. Close enough, but also away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The neighborhood is beautiful, and green. I felt very safe. Karen was great. Very kind to me. She went out of her way to help me on a couple of occasions. I stayed for a week, and felt like I lived there by the time I left. My room was the blue room. It was very comfortable, with everything I needed, and plenty of storage space. Sunday brunch was delicious. I can't think of a single bad thing to say. The reviews about the TLC need are too picky. The house was built in the 20s, so your going to have imperfections. I prefer character to the sterility of a new place. You won't be disappointed with this selection. Probably like me, will be pleasantly surprised, and look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: blue room has bigger bed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My daughter and I came to Washington to see the sights but she got sick and was laid up for two days. Our hostess was solicitous of both of us, providing a thermometer, and my daughter felt safe and comfortable in the spacious and quiet house. We didn't see as many sights as we had planned, but Ms. DeWitt provided us with an ideal place to rest and recover. She was completely at ease with the situation and encouraged us to make the house our home during the three days we were there. She was very gracious and the Stone Manor was a real sanctuary!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pikesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is the second time we stayed at this bed and breakfast and both stays were excellent. The house is absolutely beautiful and is situated on a quiet street several blocks from rock creek park. The hostess, Karen, makes sure everyone feels at home. She really shines on Sunday morning when she cooks up an amazing brunch for the guests. There are only two rooms, which are located right next to each other. Therefore, you don't have to share the living areas with more than two other guests. The house is convenient to the metro (though its a bit of a walk) and on weekends there is free street parking. Highly recommended overall!

• Stayed August 2013
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our hostess was wonderful and the house was lovely. She is a great cook and wonderful story teller. The neighborhood was nice and quiet and close to everything. We were within walking distance of a lot, the Zoo, restaurants and shopping, but we drove everywhere, me being pregnant. Parking was not an issue, we had no problems finding places to park. Wonderful restaurants as well. I recommend this B&B to anyone who needs a nice quiet weekend away. We loved it!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CARMEL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The owner, Karen, was very welcoming and the home was well- locate door our visit. The first floor of the home is beautiful and our second floor bedroom was quite comfortable. We had a bathroom out of the bedroom- the shower needs some plastering repair, but the size and cleanliness were good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The B&B is very well located in a residential area near bus and metro, and many restaurants in the neighbourhood. It's more than comfortable, it's like living in a rich house with a lot of light and space. Very quiet. You feel really at home. The hostess is welcoming and she's a very interesting person. We stayed 5 days and we will go again if we visit Washington a second time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Bluff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This four night accommodation was exactly what I had hoped for. My room was peaceful and comfortable and I appreciated having my own bath connected as well. Breakfast was healthy and provided plenty of energy to engage on my daily walks around the gorgeous neighborhood, to the Metro and even all of the way to the White House! I felt very safe in the beautiful home situated in a picturesque neighborhood. The hostess offerred great insight into the surrounding area and beyond. Her personal touches in so many ways made our stay extra special!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo