“Interesting, comfortable and well located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chester Arthur House B & B at Logan Circle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
Chester Arthur House B & B at Logan Circle
You added Chester Arthur House B & B at Logan Circle to your Saves list
23 Logan Circle, NW, Logan Circle, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Logan Circle/ Shaw)   |
Ranked #11 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
“Interesting, comfortable and well located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I prefer to stay at B&B's because they usually offer a different and more personal approach to the locations I am visiting. On my first visit to DC I was keen to stay away from the main stream accommodation and was extremely pleased with my choice. My room overlooked Logan Circle and when checking in I was warned that it could be noisy because of traffic and was offered earplugs should I need them. I had absolutely no trouble sleeping - perhaps the civil war bed was just too comfortable. The room was large as was the bathroom. The furnishings suited the style of the property and it was a very relaxing place to stay. Breakfast was different on each day of my stay and we were joined on most days by the owner who had enjoyed what could only be described as an interesting life having written for National Geographic as well as being a political commentator. Not an experience one can enjoy in most hotels! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in this well located original building and would be keen to stay there again if I ever return to DC.

Room Tip: I am told the room facing Logan Circle can be noisy but I had no problem with street noise at all.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The location on Logan Circle was close to wonderful restaurants, provided an easy to walk to the convention center and gave us a great experience in the city center. The breakfast was prepared by a chef who surprised us with wonderful full breakfast entrees. The host was welcoming and provided the perfect fit to our historic B&B experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was in DC for a conference and chose the Chester A Arthur House based on great reviews, and I have to agree with other satisfied guests. The atmosphere is a step back in time. Lovely antiques, beautifully furnished throughout, gracious host and phenomenal chefs. Though I am not much of a breakfast guy, Carl and Eric put together a delicious spread each morning. I would book this B&B again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The Magnolia room is definitely the quietest room in the house.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

There is a bus stop right in front of the B and B which made it so easy to get around the city. Rooms large and wonderfully decorated. Location at Logan Circle offers the option of many restaurants and cafes. Good breakfast and great conversation around the table. We will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The B & B is in an excellent position to access lots of local restaurants. The breakfasts were superb. The hosts couldn't do enough for you. The property is full of atmosphere. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We found the historic character of the neighborhood a wonderful spot to rest after exploring the city of Washington DC. We found some great places to eat within a few short blocks (and a Whole Foods nearby too), and we enjoyed visiting over breakfast with the other guests. The hosts met my dietary requirement for gluten free breakfasts which exceeded my expectation and was delicious! The building itself is aging, but the bed was comfortable with nice linens and the necessary amenities.

Room Tip: The top floor has a kitchenette and a large bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Chester Arthur House is stately, gracious, and convenient. We were able to leave our car at the house and walk to the White House, the Capitol, all the museums, all the monuments, and many unique restaurants. The breakfasts at the house were outstanding — especially the Pineapple Upside-Down French Toast stuffed with cream cheese, crushed pineapple, and ginger. We enjoyed sharing the breakfast table with other guests and the owner of the house, Daniel Smith. By Washington standards, the price was reasonable. We appreciated the historic home, its antiques, and its Logan Circle neighborhood where all of the row houses are well over a hundred years old. Visitors who can't see the charm in creaky floors, extension cords, and window air conditioners might be happier in a generic motel at a freeway exit.

Room Tip: We had the "Magnolia Room" on the back side of the house on the second floor, and it was v...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Chester Arthur House B & B at Logan Circle? Share your experiences!