The Chester Arthur House is stately, gracious, and convenient. We were able to leave our car at the house and walk to the White House, the Capitol, all the museums, all the monuments, and many unique restaurants. The breakfasts at the house were outstanding — especially the Pineapple Upside-Down French Toast stuffed with cream cheese, crushed pineapple, and ginger. We enjoyed sharing the breakfast table with other guests and the owner of the house, Daniel Smith. By Washington standards, the price was reasonable. We appreciated the historic home, its antiques, and its Logan Circle neighborhood where all of the row houses are well over a hundred years old. Visitors who can't see the charm in creaky floors, extension cords, and window air conditioners might be happier in a generic motel at a freeway exit.
- Also Known As:
- Chester Arthur House b & b At Logan Circle Hotel Washington Dc
- Chester Arthur House Bed And Breakfast At Logan Circle
- Chester Arthur House b & b At Logan Circle Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy old world charm of our Victorian Bed and Breakfast. We are centrally located 8 blocks north of the White House, at Historic Logan Circle. Metro access is a 10-minute walk, or 10-minutes by bus to the Smithsonian and National Mall a block from the house. Washington's Convention center is a 10-15 minute walk. There are 3 guestrooms, each with private bath. Some rooms can accommodate extra guests. Children welcome and off-street parking is available. ... more less