Stayed here for a meeting at the Convention Center, which was a mere 10-15 minute walk away. This whole neighbourhood is quite different from when I lived in the District in the late 90s -- much safer and significantly gentified. Not right on top of a Metro station, but a reasonable walk to 3 different stations.
Front door is a little weird to get into but not hard once you master it. Room was the large master bedroom on the 2nd floor towards the front of the house. Very roomy both in the main room as well as the bathroom. Wi-Fi was present but a little flaky in terms of speed and holding a connection. (In fairness, I've had this issue at almost any place that offers "free WiFi".)
Main issue: Logan Circle is noisier than expected. The potholes out front cause trucks to make quite a racket, and the lovely folks who share their car's music with the entire zip code don't help. :-) The provided "white noise machines" don't really mask those sounds (just passing cars doesn't bother me -- I grew up in the city), and the historic nature of the house make soundproofing not very practical. If you're noise-sensitive, I'd recommend a room away from the front. Great ambience and historical furniture throughout, including old-style lamps. Liked the small fridge in the room. TV was indeed small but I never had any desire to turn it on, so I didn't care. :-)
Breakfast was reasonably good -- I've had better at B&Bs elsewhere, but I had no complaints. They also kindly let me start eating a bit earlier than the 8am time to accommodate slightly my conference obligations. Didn't see the hosts much beyond my arrival or breakfast, but they were friendly and had provided cell phone numbers in case there were any significant issues.
Overall, I'd happily stay here again if I was at the Convention Center or nearby!
- Also Known As:
- Chester Arthur House b & b At Logan Circle Hotel Washington Dc
- Chester Arthur House Bed And Breakfast At Logan Circle
- Chester Arthur House b & b At Logan Circle Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy old world charm of our Victorian Bed and Breakfast. We are centrally located 8 blocks north of the White House, at Historic Logan Circle. Metro access is a 10-minute walk, or 10-minutes by bus to the Smithsonian and National Mall a block from the house. Washington's Convention center is a 10-15 minute walk. There are 3 guestrooms, each with private bath. Some rooms can accommodate extra guests. Children welcome and off-street parking is available. ... more less