WE spent 2 night at the Chester Arthur House and really fell for it. It's attractive outside and inside, with most of its original structure (wooden staircase, pocket doors) and authentic Victorian furnishings lovingly cared for. There is a wonderful homey feeling in every room. Carl welcomed us and kindly explained all we wanted to know about the house, the neighborhood, restaurants and events in DC. He's extremely knowledgeable and willing to share his knowledge. Eric cooked both breakfasts for us and he is a great cook ! He is also very kind and attentive. They both made us feel like we were visiting friends rather than paying customers. We chose the Magnolia room since it was described as the most quiet, and indeed we did not hear any traffic from Logan circle. The mattress was brand new and firm and we slept like babies. I was a bit surprised to see the beds were not made when we came back the first evening, but I won't pretend I make it everyday at home, so that's not a big issue. There are a couple of parking slots at the back of the house, and the price for them is rather decent compared to other places in DC, so we were happy to leave our car there and use public transportation. There are 3 metro stations within 15 mn of the house, and the great restaurants and nightlife of Dupont Circle are a 15 mn walk away. Nice little cafes and a Whole Foods market within 5 mn walks. The White House and city center are about 20 mn away. This B&B is reasonably priced for DC and make a convenient base camp to explore and enjoy the capital.
- Also Known As:
- Chester Arthur House b & b At Logan Circle Hotel Washington Dc
- Chester Arthur House Bed And Breakfast At Logan Circle
- Chester Arthur House b & b At Logan Circle Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy old world charm of our Victorian Bed and Breakfast. We are centrally located 8 blocks north of the White House, at Historic Logan Circle. Metro access is a 10-minute walk, or 10-minutes by bus to the Smithsonian and National Mall a block from the house. Washington's Convention center is a 10-15 minute walk. There are 3 guestrooms, each with private bath. Some rooms can accommodate extra guests. Children welcome and off-street parking is available. ... more less