We stayed here for two nights in early April 2013. The location is good but apart from that, this place has nothing to recommend it. It was overpriced (US$245 with taxes per night for one room) and under-serviced.
We were greeted by Carl (or Eric?) when we arrived and then saw no-one until we checked out. We were not given a phone number to call should anything go wrong.
The decor was tacky - dolls propped up on chairs, kitsch Edwardian framed posters and plastic flowers gathering dust. Although we didn't see anyone else in the b & b, there was music playing constantly which gave the whole place a kind of creepy, sinister feel.
All in all, the place looked sad and unloved.
There were no additional towels provided other than those we were issued with on the first day and the toiletries were of the cheapest type which made our skin itch. And instead of a drinking glass in the bathroom there were disposable plastic cups. We found nothing stylish or genteel or nice about this place (contrary to what they say on their webpage).
We came down to breakfast on the first morning to a table set for a crowd that never arrived (shades of the Mary Celeste)– we were the only ones in the breakfast room and there was no sign of Carl or Eric or any other guests. Aside from that the breakfast was inedible. A fruit salad that appeared to come from a can, some cheap supermarket bread for toasting with some dubious-looking jam, a soggy tasteless bread & butter pudding type thing that made us gag and some cold scrambled eggs. Urgh!!! We left and went out for breakfast that morning and the next as the food here was so awful.
Of the seven hotels and b & b's that we stayed at during our trip across the US, this was the second most expensive and the only one we had any issues with. (We loved everywhere else we stayed in the US).
- Also Known As:
- Chester Arthur House b & b At Logan Circle Hotel Washington Dc
- Chester Arthur House Bed And Breakfast At Logan Circle
- Chester Arthur House b & b At Logan Circle Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy old world charm of our Victorian Bed and Breakfast. We are centrally located 8 blocks north of the White House, at Historic Logan Circle. Metro access is a 10-minute walk, or 10-minutes by bus to the Smithsonian and National Mall a block from the house. Washington's Convention center is a 10-15 minute walk. There are 3 guestrooms, each with private bath. Some rooms can accommodate extra guests. Children welcome and off-street parking is available. ... more less