I wanted to like this place, so I will give the pluses first -- it is conveniently located (on Logan Circle), the house is very attractive from the outside, my room was large, and the two men who are there on alternate days are very friendly. Breakfasts were good, although the quantity of food available was modest. However, the negatives clearly outweigh the positives. The inside of the house is rather dilapidated -- I appreciate the challenges of renovating and maintaining an old house, but much of the renovation is of poor qualiy (poor paint jobs, uneven walls) and there is peeling paint almost everywhere that you look. The place REALLY needs a good cleaning -- there was a thick layer of dirt/dust on the window frames in my room. And...they never did any cleaning or room maintenance during the four nights that I was there -- they didn't even make the bed! I have never stayed in a B&B before with so little service. There is also tremendous traffic noise (trucks, buses, horns, car alarms) that begins around 5:30 every morning -- the rooms have sound machines to mask the outside noise, but the outside noise overwhelms the machines. Given the price point (nearly $200 per night). I expected more charm and more service, and will look elsewhere in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Chester Arthur House b & b At Logan Circle Hotel Washington Dc
- Chester Arthur House Bed And Breakfast At Logan Circle
- Chester Arthur House b & b At Logan Circle Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy old world charm of our Victorian Bed and Breakfast. We are centrally located 8 blocks north of the White House, at Historic Logan Circle. Metro access is a 10-minute walk, or 10-minutes by bus to the Smithsonian and National Mall a block from the house. Washington's Convention center is a 10-15 minute walk. There are 3 guestrooms, each with private bath. Some rooms can accommodate extra guests. Children welcome and off-street parking is available. ... more less