I came here with my boyfriend for two nights in late March. We had never stayed in a bed and breakfast and now I'll never stay anywhere else! The house is a beautiful, authentic Victorian with much of its original structure and furnishings. The host, Carl, knew so much about the house's history and the area, and he was very sweet and funny. Breakfast was delicious and definitely worth rising early (8 am sharp!). We stayed in the Magnolia room, which is the quietest room as it faces away from the street, and I slept like a baby. Everything about the room was clean and it had everything we needed, including a firm mattress. The neighborhood is charming and adorable, like being transported back in time. We went to two of the suggested restaurants/coffee shops and both were fantastic. We went during the off-season so the room rate was lower, but even the peak-season rate is completely worth it! Private parking was a huge plus. My favorite part about the house was all its little quirks - original gas lamps (they aren't operational of course), the scent of old carved wood, the dumbwaiter in the dining room, the step-down bathroom. I visit D.C. somewhat often and I'll definitely be coming back to the Chester A. Arthur House!
- Also Known As:
- Chester Arthur House b & b At Logan Circle Hotel
- Chester Arthur House b & b At Logan Circle Hotel Washington Dc
- Chester Arthur House Bed And Breakfast At Logan Circle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy old world charm of our Victorian Bed and Breakfast. We are centrally located 8 blocks north of the White House, at Historic Logan Circle. Metro access is a 10-minute walk, or 10-minutes by bus to the Smithsonian and National Mall a block from the house. Washington's Convention center is a 10-15 minute walk. There are 3 guestrooms, each with private bath. Some rooms can accommodate extra guests. Children welcome and off-street parking is available. ... more less