“Great location - stylish rooms - staff that at least tries hard” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Melrose Georgetown

You added The Melrose Georgetown to your Saves list
The Melrose Georgetown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2430 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #38 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
“Great location - stylish rooms - staff that at least tries hard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was here for a two day business meeting and the location relative to the METRO and Georgetown was the key advantage. WIFI access was important for this trip and the base plan was so bad that I couldn't successfully navigate to the "paid" plan. This turned out to be good because I overheard others complaining about the paid plan. Staff was genuinely interested in helping, but their success was limited since they seemed to be under-trained or over-worked. I note that the high staff turnover was mentioned in other reviews.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for reviewing Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location along with our artfully designed decor. I appreciate you letting me know about the WiFi speed and will look into it as we are always looking to improve the guest experience. Please come back and see us the next time you find yourself in DC.

Jale Hashimi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Outstanding level of service and excellent quality of the staff. I really appreciated how I was welcomed and how the staff was available and answered to all my questions especially Sery Chesson who was very kind and professional.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Cedric, thank you very much for your review. Customer service and taking care of our guests is of utmost importance to us. I’m very happy to hear that our team members accommodated you throughout your stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Sery. We’re looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stylish hotel with elegant lobby and well furnished rooms. Located conveniently if you visit Georgetown or government establishements on Pennsylvania Avenue. Otherwise you must use metro, the metro station is situated close to the hotel. Wifi was free and with good speed although booking sites said that wifi was paid. Among the drawbacks I would mention absence of tea-coffee facilities in the room which was quite uncomfortable. On arrival I experienced lack of understanding from the people at the reception, who did not show in-depth knowledge of the details of stay of the guests. And this was hardly a surprise as during my 2 weeks' stay people at the desk were changing all the time and were unable to settle a real problem without calling a manager.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Keera, thank you for your review and thoughtful feedback regarding our convenient location and artfully appointed interiors. While we do not present tea and coffee in the bedrooms, we will deliver to your room upon request. Additionally, I appreciate you bringing your experience with the front desk associates to my attention and will be sure to address this issue internally. Please come back and see us the next time you find yourself in DC.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for business. Thought the location was good, the staff friendly and attentive, and the rooms clean and comfortable. Had an issue with wifi, which the IT desk promptly addressed. There was also some hallway noise late one night and the front desk handled it immediately. They offer breakfast in room or in the lobby, and also offer room service. The only minor suggestion is related to noise - it travels! I think installing a more solid door could do a lot to reduce it. Otherwise, I recommend!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I’m so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us during your stay and that any problems you experienced were fixed in a prompt manner. Please come back and see us again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location is simply wonderful. However, the thing that impressed me the most was the excellent and flawless customer service that I received. There was genuine kindness that I felt upon arriving as well as throughout my stay. The front desk manager was as professional and personable as any I have encountered. I have traveled extensively and will not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. The ability of this staff to go above and beyond the call of duty l

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff left a lasting impression with you. We make sure to treat all of our guests like family when they arrive and I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the team. We’re looking forward to next time.

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the send time I've stayed in this place and I will keep coming back. It's perfectly located in Georgetown. Rooms are excellent, sleep quality top of the range, and the staff friendly and helpful. Two minor gripes which stop it receiving five stars from me: first, the wifi is free but very slow: you need to pay for the fast wifi; second, reception is tiny. If you arrive (or leave) when there are more than three or four people waiting, you can stand there for a long time. Otherwise, however, a great hotel. And despite my minor quibbles, I'll be back!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hello and welcome back! Thank you for choosing Melrose Georgetown Hotel as your home away from home when visiting DC. We’re looking forward to seeing you again.

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This hotel offers good service and great location with a busy neighborhood. When I had a water leaking from the ceiling (seemed like from a room a level up) in my bathroom, the staff immediately provided another room. The only suggestion would be to include breakfast to a not-the-cheapest fee.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. I’m thrilled to hear that your experience with us was a fantastic one. Our staff works hard to ensure that exceptional customer service is given to all of our guests. Please come back and see us again soon.

Jale Hashimi

Been to The Melrose Georgetown? Share your experiences!