“Anniversary Celebration at the beautiful Melrose Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Melrose Georgetown

You added The Melrose Georgetown to your Saves list
The Melrose Georgetown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2430 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #36 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Johns, Florida
“Anniversary Celebration at the beautiful Melrose Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We just had a wonderful visit at this beautiful gem of a hotel! First, the ambiance and décor of this hotel is gorgeous. You step into elegance with the fine furnishings and artwork that you are surrounded by. The rooms were very clean, well organized and again, beautifully decorated. The staff was friendly and professional, yet genuine in the efforts to provide exceptional service. The location was within walking distance to all the attractions we were interested in visiting. And, the food was phenomenal! Talented culinary team for sure. The management team has done a great job with this hotel!! Highly recommend to anyone planning to visit DC.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We really enjoyed our stay at The Melrose, room was large and the bed comfortable, air conditioning worked well and it was very quiet.. Another plus is its proximity to the Foggy Bottom metro....only a 5 minute walk away. There is a little store about half a minute to the right of the hotel called Fabulous Market for a nice bakery and coffee breakfast. The lass behind the counter remains cheerful and unflabbable even if very busy....do try it.
Only downside was the front desk people who seemed totally disorganized....firstly they couldn't find our booking even though it was booked four months ago..after sorting it out they sent us to a twin bed room when booking stated king so we were changed over and it worked out. However during our stay we did notice that other people were having booking problems at the desk. However for comfort and proximity we would definitely stay here again on another visit to DC

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Arrived at the hotel at 10:30am to see if there were any available rooms, they didn't have any so we just checked our bags and toured the city in the meantime. Arrived back at the hotel around 4pm to check in, a room was available but it wasn't the room we booked which was the Deluxe King Suite. We were given the double beds instead, that was disappointing because we were looking forward to getting what we paid for. The double beds are small so it wasn't as comfortable. The hotel told us because we booked our stay through a third party we are not guaranteed the type of room we are going to get. I wish I would have known this before I booked.

The staff was nice. We had brunch at the restaurant downstairs which was good. Overall, the hotel was nice. If I stay here again I would book directly from the hotel site so I will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I loved this hotel and would highly recommend it. The rooms are very large. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant, bar and general ambiance was great. It is in a superb location with shops, restaurants and all of Washington's famous sights only a short walk away.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello Zara, and thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you were able to experience all of the beautiful sights in the area. We would love to have you back.

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here many nights and found the pros and cons balanced out to an average rating.
Pros: location close to grocery stores, metro, west end of monuments, good neighborhood, updated hotel gym, large rooms
Cons: 1 block from hospital so lots of sirens, no microwave in-room, valet cost WAY too high, surface remodel only, no hotel orientation for late arrivals, very slow wifi

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to minimize traffic/street noise
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and well-appointed rooms. We strive to provide all of our guests with only the best customer service. While our valet service may be competitive, I can assure you we keep our rates in line with the local market. We appreciate your feedback hope to see you again soon.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here two nights for a business meeting in DC. My return flight ended up being cancelled. I called BACK to Melrose and they said "no problem". Gave me the same discounted rate as my previous two nights AND upgraded me to a suite. The entire time, the staff were beyond friendly. The bar had nice happy hour specials and made very high-quality cocktails. I would go out of my way to stay again at the Melrose, best place I have ever stayed in DC period. Recommendations: Consider coffee pots in rooms - HOWEVER, the free coffee in the lobby each AM was a good alternative.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Bubba, thank you for your review. It pleases me to hear that our staff went above and beyond to accommodate you during your stay with us. I’m also happy to know you took advantage of our 5-5-5 happy hour and enjoyed cocktails at Jardenea lounge. Thank you again for your kind words – I will be sure to share them with the rest of the team. Please come back and see us the next time you find yourself in DC.

boulder, co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I would highly recommend the Melrose. Perfect location at the foot of Georgetown. Easy walking distance to great restaurants. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Bathroom was sort of small, but heck, you're downtown DC, what do you expect?! The restaurant and bar areas are beautiful and the food was really good. But, the real highlight of the Melrose is the quality of the staff. To a person they were warm, helpful and friendly. Next time I'm in DC, I'll definitely stay at the Melrose. Oh, and the price was very reasonable compared to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our location, the help of our wonderful staff, and comfort of the rooms. We are looking forward to next time.
Jale Hashimi

Been to The Melrose Georgetown? Share your experiences!