“HAD A WONDERFUL STAY!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Melrose Georgetown

You added The Melrose Georgetown to your Saves list
The Melrose Georgetown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2430 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Special Offer
BLOOMING SAVINGS 20% OFF
Ranked #34 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pennsylvania
“HAD A WONDERFUL STAY!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is my first time staying at the melrose and it was prefect! Loved the location, within walking distance of shopping and dinning.The rooms are very nice and spacious! Oh and the beds were very comfortable! Everyone was very nice and helpful especially the two ladies at the front desk in the morning(Puni and Mia). Love the coffee and tea station concept but needs to be clean regularly and filled. Their were mornings I had to wait for someone to refill the coffee. Overall my stay was wonderful!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you so much for your kind review regarding Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our luxurious and artfully crafted rooms, prime location, and exceptional customer service. I will make a note about the coffee and tea stations and appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I look forward to your next visit.

Jale Hashimi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Where to begin . Should I begin with the calls prior to my family's arrival when I ask the concierge to help me plan great activities to make our trip fun and each person asked my name and phone number and never called back. I should have taken it as a sign. We arrive at the hotel and I ask and tip a concierge to help me plan our first day . She got " side tracked" and by 11 pm never called my room to offer an explanation or apology. Then tonight we come to our room and have no drinking cups . We had used ours and they were taken by toom service and not replaced . I had more delivered and there was a 4 dollar charge to deliver from the kitchen to the 5th floor !!!!! Are they serious?? I don't know who the management found off the street with no experience to work here but what a nightmare . At only 350 a night when most were 600 this week I should have realized one gets what one pays for !!!!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Karen, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review your recent experience at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I apologize for the front desk service you received, as that is not the standard in which our associates strive to operate and I will address the issue internally. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve guest experience with your invaluable feedback and we hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Melrose is classic DC hotel. The room was spacious and comfortable and well appointed. The staff was very friendly, helpful and attentive. A small bar, 3 or 4 table restaurant restaurant, small business center and several lounging areas are all housed in the open first floor. I did not ask a lot of the staff or facility. But my experience was top rate. It is in a great location for DC and Georgetown. I would stay again whether for business or pleasure.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Staff was great, very helpful. Room was a bit warm. They told us to open a window! Got to hear sirens all night. Hospital close by. Still, good location clean room. Easy walking distance to restaurants and Metro Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the third time staying at this hotel which was booked for a business trip by the meeting organizer. This will be the last time we stay at this hotel. Reason:

1. Location while in Georgetown, is in an awkward place among businesses and not in the heart of Georgetown however all the shops and restaurants are only about 10 blocks away so walking distance. No close Metro.

2. This hotel has amazingly nice staff and very helpful. That's the best part. When we checked in, we had welcome envelopes and we all were handed letters with the wrong names on the letters. Including a man who was checking in next to me but not with our group. I would recommend not personalizing it so this mistake doesn't represent the first impression of your future guests.

3. Wanted to take a bath one night and I always clean it myself (just in case) and I opted not to this time because their were black hairs all over the tub. I'm a blonde and I had just checked in so this tells me the cleaning crew doesn't go the extra mile. Or....the basics.... Speaking of cleaning.... My colleague put her do not disturb sign up and they went in an cleaned her room anyway. I left my sign off so they would clean and they didn't clean the first day. Strange. Also, I got room service personnel knocking on my door three times through my stay for room service that I did not order. And to top it off, I was working in my room, I hear a knock, I get up immediately and the mini-bar guy just walked right in before I could open the door. Sir, you must WAIT to hear an answer/no answer and then proceed.

4. Lastly, the food was not good. Of course I have to go by the food ordered from our meeting organizer but all sub-par and I have been to hundreds of meetings and would rate this a 4 on a scale of 10. I would suggest taking your group to dinner at a restaurant up the street. Coffee was undrinkable even for me which will drink just about anything for a morning caffeine fix but at our meetings end, I noticed full cups of coffee around the table. Go next door and grab one at a cafe (starbucks around 7 blocks either direction)

So, staff in lobby were great and always available and friendly. There is a Trader Joe's across the street which is a bonus to grab food/groceries and two mini markets right next door for the quick water/coffee grab. The attention to details and food are what miss the mark for this to be a hotel we would conduct our meeting at next year in
DC.

Room Tip: NEVER get a room on a botton floor facing street. You will hear every time an employee goes in and o...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a detailed review. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent experience at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I will make a note of the incidents concerning the cleanliness of your room as well as the issues with the associates providing room service as I can assure you this is not to the standard in which we operate. I also appreciate your feedback regarding the food & beverage that was provided to you and will be sure to review your notes with our Chef and his team. We truly hope that next year you and your company will give us another chance to make your stay a memorable and enjoyable one.

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travelled with my husband and young daughter and really enjoyed my stay. I stayed in 2 different rooms- a deluxe double and a suite. Both were large with comfortable beds, a shower with strong water pressure, and a good sized refrigerator. There is no coffeemaker in the room but you can request one and there is a coffee and tea service downstairs in the morning. They also have a happy hour with $5 drinks and food from 5-7 pm.
The service was outstanding- in fact, they immediately moved my first room when it was over the dumpsters.
Only drawbacks: parking is $48 a day and it is not really walking distance to any major tourist sights. It is ideal for access to GW and is 2 blocks to the Foggy Bottom metro.
We will definitely stay there again on a return trip.

Stayed March 2015
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our luxury accommodations and the convenience of our central location. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff as they strive to provide excellent customer service. Parking in DC is very competitive, but we ensure you that we keep our prices in line with the local market. In the future we will better communicate our rates in advance. We appreciate your feedback and I hope you will be joining us again the next time you find yourself in DC.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Myself and my now wife, visited the Melrose Hotel in Georgetown in Mid January, 2015. The hotel is very spacious with modern décor and it is about 7 minutes walk up into the centre of Georgetown. You could walk downtown to see the sites but I would recommend a 15 minute taxi ride to reach the monuments and museums; using your energy instead to get from place to place when you are downtown.

We stayed in the Georgetown for nine days as we eloped to Washington to get married. We had arranged a local officiant to conduct the ceremony. It was only the two of us with no family members present. When we arrived at reception we were met with a big smile and as we had said we were getting married while staying in Washington, the hotel staff made us feel very welcome, Stanley, the concierge on duty had also arranged some extra things for us gratis, given the occasion. We loved the modern feel of the lobby, but it was also very homely. On the off chance, we asked Heather the duty manager if it would be possible to conduct the ceremony in the lobby of the hotel. We had thought this would be a long shot, but Heather not only allowed it but also went to great lengths to make our special day one we would not forget; making sure the bride has all manner of things that we had not thought of ourselves.
The ceremony was conducted at 1pm in the lobby and afterwards there was a rambunctious applause from the staff who we were unaware off; as they were standing behind the pillars, over by the reception area. We had some champagne afterwards. The General Manager of the hotel also left us a little something in our suite, which was again very generous. My brothers came up from Philadelphia the following day and stayed over night in the Melrose. My brother had a double room, whereas we stayed in a suite. Both rooms were extremely comfortable and very lavish. Room service was very good and the food in the hotel restaurant and delivered to the room was excellent (I would recommend the stake).
We would like to express our gratitude to Heather, Stanley, Pauni, Conor, Mia and all the other staff of the Melrose Georgetown Hotel for their kindness. If you are thinking of eloping and just spending a romantic getaway in Washington, make sure you take a look at the Melrose!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello, Noel! It is great to hear from you. Thank you so much for taking the time to write out such a lovely review. Myself, along with the rest of the team here at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, were honored to have played a part in your special day. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the rest of the team. We all wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness together and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jale Hashimi

Been to The Melrose Georgetown? Share your experiences!