“Georgetown Blessing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Melrose Georgetown

You added The Melrose Georgetown to your Saves list
The Melrose Georgetown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2430 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Ranked #32 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Georgetown Blessing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

From the moment my family and I were greeted at my car by a charming and delightful bellhop we could not help but feel welcomed to this blissful location in the Georgetown area. Friendly smiles through the entrance way to the guest check-in activities was a welcome relief after traveling for several hours. Our senses were stimulated by the hotel decorations, tile backdrops and the lovely fireplace, lounge and restaurant areas. The room was very quiet and was ideal for relaxing and sleeping. Even on the day DC was hit with 6 inches of snow the hotel still maintained a comfortable climate within. I thoroughly enjoyed visiting this wonderful establishment and have recommended it to at least 25 people already. I will be returning to this Georgetown Blessing.

Room Tip: The windows do a great job of keeping any street noise from resonating indoors. Any room given shou...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Had a wonderful stay at The Melrose this past weekend. Staff was very accommodating and pleasant to work with. Stanley was awesome! We were able to check in as soon as we arrived. Only issue I had was on our check out day the concierge watched the group of us girls pack everything into our car while it was sleeting out. One of the girls slipped. We were so impressed from the start of the trip that we were disappointed no one offered to help as we were leaving. Overall, the stay was great and I would definitely return.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, yesterday
I apologize for the lack of service you received as you were departing the hotel, as that is not the standard in which our associates strive to operate and I will address the issue internally. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve guest experience with your invaluable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was overjoyed to spend two nights this past weekend at The Melrose. I was welcomed by La Tonya and Azeb as if i was a long lost friend. I was upgraded to a suite that was beyond my expectations. Our room was luxurious and clean and had a marvelous view of the wonderful streets of DC. Happy Hour was accomodating and friendly. The lobby is glam all the way. The fireplace warmed us!. Breakfast was plentiful and warm( a bit pricey but convenience it was)
The staff just kept making our stay better and in the end was delighted to give us a 2pm check out. Perfect spot to explore washignton DC. Where would you ever get such accomodating service with a smile. Cant wait to return soon.

Room Tip: corner suties are large sunny and luxury higher floors for a nice view
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our artfully designed interiors, central location and personalized customer service. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and I will be sure to pass along your wonderful words to the team. We sincerely look forward to your return!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My experience with The Melrose was superb. The staff is wonderful and room service quality was far and above other hotels - anywhere. The design and layout of the hotel is beautiful with a mix of Georgian elegance with a modern flair. Very nice.

I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay for room service dining, it is quite good.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and that our staff was attentive providing you with exceptional room service. I am delighted that your visit to DC was a memorable one. I look forward to seeing you again when we can provide another great experience.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Melrose Hotel is an elegant and intimate hotel in a perfect section of Washington. Just a few blocks from Georgetown where there's so much to see and do. The staff at the Melrose is so professional and accommodating. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. Because it's not a huge hotel, there is a wonderful , warm atmosphere when you walk in the lobby. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to DC. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you took advantage of our convenient location within close proximity to popular DC attractions. It is wonderful to know that our accommodations suited your liking, and we sincerely appreciate your recommendation of our hotel. I look forward to your future visits.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

...what more could you want? The beds are incredibly comfortable, so comfortable that I didn't want to get up! The breakfast options are good and reasonably priced for the area. It's very expensive during the week but you can get great deals on the weekend.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your wonderful review of Melrose Georgetown hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your accommodations and our convenient location within walking distance of famed DC attractions. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the nation’s capital.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have heard about Melrose from a friend, who would book his stay always at this hotel when on business trips in Washington, DC. He seemed to be very impressed with the location of the hotel (minutes from downtown and Georgetown, across the street from Trader Joes! ), customer service and accommodations. Recently, I got a chance to stay at Melrose myself and was very impressed with the sizes of the rooms and the friendliness of staff. It is also affordable. I highly recommend it to anybody traveling to Washington, DC for pleasure or business!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Cristina,

I am happy to know that you chose to stay with us at the recommendation of a friend and that our hotel lived up to your expectations. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly and personable service. It am also glad that you took advantage of our central location to explore the nation’s capital. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to DC.

Jale Hashimi

Been to The Melrose Georgetown? Share your experiences!