“Great location, beautiful rooms, friendly staff, delicious complimentary coffee in the morning...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Melrose Georgetown

You added The Melrose Georgetown to your Saves list
The Melrose Georgetown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2430 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Special Offer
DC PARKING PACKAGE
Ranked #37 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

...what more could you want? The beds are incredibly comfortable, so comfortable that I didn't want to get up! The breakfast options are good and reasonably priced for the area. It's very expensive during the week but you can get great deals on the weekend.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have heard about Melrose from a friend, who would book his stay always at this hotel when on business trips in Washington, DC. He seemed to be very impressed with the location of the hotel (minutes from downtown and Georgetown, across the street from Trader Joes! ), customer service and accommodations. Recently, I got a chance to stay at Melrose myself and was very impressed with the sizes of the rooms and the friendliness of staff. It is also affordable. I highly recommend it to anybody traveling to Washington, DC for pleasure or business!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi Cristina,

I am happy to know that you chose to stay with us at the recommendation of a friend and that our hotel lived up to your expectations. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly and personable service. It am also glad that you took advantage of our central location to explore the nation’s capital. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to DC.

Severna Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Went for business - great experience. Easy and fast check in, perfect room with the most comfortable bed and awesome view. Nice shower products. Bartender and valet staff were personable, funny yet totally professional. Awesome food - would recommend for sure!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am glad that our accommodations and modern décor were to your liking. I am also pleased to hear that our staff left a lasting impression on you with personalized service. I am glad that you enjoyed Jardenea, and we look forward to your next visit.

Regards,
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Sometimes you don't want to drive. Maybe you've had a long week;maybe you want to have one too many cocktails; or maybe it's New Year's Eve and you're worried about the other crazies on the road. At any rate if you stay here you will get great taxicabs throughout the city. We were headed for the Kennedy Centerto see one show but it turned into Harry Connick Junior.

The first time they showed us to a room it was about 130° more or less. How are they quickly gave us a better room at the end of the hall very quietThis hotel is close to cafés and bread chocolate and to Trader Joes. My only complaint are the high parking fees. But if you get a discount on Priceline then it balances out. Breakfast in the hotel dining room was great

• Stayed December 2014
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location near Georgetown and luxurious accommodations. I am also thrilled to know that you had a terrific experience at Jardenea. While parking rates in DC are very competitive, I can assure you we keep our rates in line with the local market.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a wonderful Valentines weekend at the Melrose! Ms. Mia @ the front desk was just AMAZING!!! She truly made our stay and definitely makes the Melrose shine!!!!! Thank YOU Ms. Mia for all your help, it was greatly appreciated!!! Honestly all of the staff (Mia, Avery...) were extremely helpful and kind! Always had a smile on their face except maybe the gentleman in charge of the restaurant area who was a bit rude upon inquiring about reservations. I'm hoping it was just the stress due to Valentines!! Food there however was delicious! Loved their malted waffles and eggs benedict...dinner was also great, hats off to the chef! Our king room facing Pennsylvania Ave was roomy and beautifully decorated. The decor of the hotel in general is just lovely from the lobby to the rooms... It is modern & elegant with a classic twist...nicely put together, VERY warm and inviting! Location of the hotel was good. Main attractions close by...just a short cab-ride away, metro was also nearby...good restaurants walking distance. Daryn our Driver who was recommended to us by Ms. Mia was very polite, on time and drove wonderfully.

We truly love DC. There is so much to see and do...with or without kids. We would definitely love to come back and stay here, and will recommend to others!!! Overall very satisfied with our stay! My only suggestion would be that they add "On Demand Movies", always nice perk to get back from a long day of sightseeing and relax watching a great "fairly new" movie of your choice.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for all of the helpful regarding your recent experience at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am delighted to hear that Mia left a lasting impression on you. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to her as well as Chef Nate. I will also look into your suggestion about on demand movies as we are always looking to improve the guest experience. Thank you for choosing Melrose Georgetown Hotel as your romantic accommodations for Valentine's Day.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Melrose is very nice -- it is conveniently located near Washington-Reagan Airport, and also in D.C. yet not in the middle of bustling, traffic-filled D.C.

The hotel is very modern, and the rooms are convenient. However, be wary if you book on travel websites: upon arriving at the hotel, the desk informed me that the room I paid for was no longer available. I pulled up the website to show that they were still in fact renting the room type for that same night. Upon either demanding reimbursement, the staff had me wait 15 minutes as the scrambled, eventually putting me in the room type as purchased (thank you!). I was informed that "well our hotel staff doesn't keep up with the online reservations as we should.." Just be wary.

Dialed room service four times, no response.

Room Tip: Whatever you get, don't take no for an answer! Also, get a king as they are well-spaced.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Hi Asa,

I would like to start off by apologizing for the inconvenience you received when you checked in at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I will follow up with my staff regarding your comments about them not keeping up with online reservations as I can assure you that is not how we operate. I am happy to know that our staff was able to remedy the situation and that you did enjoy your accommodations. Next time, please book your reservation through our hotel team directly to ensure that your reservation is properly made.

Columbia, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I enjoyed a very comfortable 2 night stay at the Melrose when I was on business travel. The room was clean, attractive and comfortable. The location is convenient to Georgetown and federal agencies .

My experience at the hotel restaurant was not so good. It took 20 minutes to get cold toast. I was still waiting for the rest of my order. And for a glass of water. The man sitting to my left and who had ordered before I sat down, got the wrong order and was still waiting for the correct dish when I finally through in the towel and left. The gentleman to my right, waited 15 minutes before the waiter came with his first cup of coffee. After two requests. The restaurant was not busy and there seemed to be plenty of staff. Bottom line- terrible service and pricey food that is mediocre. I paid $11 for cold toast and a cup of tea.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Hi Kathy,

Thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your accommodations and that our location worked out well for you. I sincerely apologize for the service you received when you dined at Jardenea and I can assure you this is not to the standard in which we operate. I will look to see where the breakdown in communication occurred. I hope you'll give us another chance to impress you the next time you're in DC.

Jale Hashimi

Been to The Melrose Georgetown? Share your experiences!