“great hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Melrose Georgetown

You added The Melrose Georgetown to your Saves list
The Melrose Georgetown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2430 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Ranked #35 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Wallace, North Carolina
“great hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here two weeks ago for two nights when we came up to watch a couple of GWU basketball games. Great location between foggy bottom and Georgetown. Easy to walk to great restaurants, shopping and monuments. Rooms were quite large for the city and the beds were great. Friendly, efficient staff, coffee in the morning, newspapers, what else could you ask for. Of all the hotels we have stayed at in DC this was the best. Parking is expensive ($48) so you might want to park at GWU for $22 and walk the two blocks to the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors would have less street noise, but the hotel is located 2 blocks from a hospital and st...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 3 days ago
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Melrose Georgetown Hotel and that you took advantage of our central location. I also appreciate your feedback regarding our friendly and efficient staff. We look forward to having you again on your future visits to DC.

Jale Hashimi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I cannot speak highly enough of The Melrose.
My (16yo) Daughter and I stayed here in December for 4 nights and we didn't want to leave!
Staff - incredible
Room - Gorgeous
Beds - Super Comfortable (one of the BEST Hotel beds I have stayed in)
Location - Fabulous!!
We walked everywhere, Georgetown is so picture-perfectly beautiful, squirrels running around, spectacular architecture, fantastic shopping and Amazing restaurants all nearby.
(Make sure you try Bayou)
Don't forget to grab a large coffee in the lobby before you set out for the day, a great idea, and certainly kept our hands warm in the mornings :)
Thank you so much for a wonderful experience, I will be back and will send as many people your way as possible!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Your rave review of your recent experience at Melrose Georgetown Hotel is greatly appreciated. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to your next visit!

Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Location and staff are outstanding. Easy access to Foggy Bottom metro station and an easy walk to Georgetown. Nice happy hour. Valet service was quick. My only criticism is that the bathrooms are a bit small.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your kind review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our luxury accommodations and the convenience of our central location. Since the hotel is renovated, we do have various types of rooms/bathroom sizes that are limited to the original footprint of the hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to your future visits.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My Husband booked this hotel last weekend for a weekend getaway and this by far was the best Hotel we've ever stayed in. From the time we pulled up to the hotel, the Doorman was ready to assist and provided quality service. The Front Desk personnel were just as professional and courteous. The young lady at the front desk, upgraded our room to a Jr. Suite, and I was overwhelmed with the beauty and quality of the room. It was very spacious and clean. The linens were all fresh, and the room smelled new. Everything about this hotel speaks quality, if you are looking for that high class experience without breaking the budget, The Melrose Georgetown is the way to go. Fantastic hotel!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your upgraded accommodations and that our staff left a lasting impression with you as they strive to provide excellent customer service. I look forward to welcoming you again the next time you visit Washington, DC.

Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

An upbeat spot in a great location with beautifully decorated rooms. Best of the best customer service with a smile...plush bathrobes, comfy beds, fine linens, free wifi, and Molton Brown amenities. Asked for a quiet room and got one. I will definitely return once again.

Room Tip: The lobby is probably the noisiest spot as it's alive with people. I asked for a quiet room and...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased to know that Melrose Georgetown Hotel has served as your home away from home. I look forward to your future visits.

greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Picked the Melrose for my first visit to DC because of location and I wasn't disappointed. Short walk to Georgetown . The hotel itself was delightful. Room was large,clean and quiet. Bed comfortable and loved the free WiFi. . All the staff I encountered were extremely friendly. Free tea & coffee in morning was a nice touch, but would have liked tea making facility in room. Did not eat in restaurant so cannot comment, but plenty of eating places within walking distant. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will certainly come back if I'm in Washington again

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased to know that you had an overall fantastic stay at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our artfully designed interiors and friendly staff. While we do not present coffee and tea making stations in the guest rooms, we would be happy to provide to you upon request. Thank you for recommending us to others and we look forward to serving as your home away from home the next time you're in DC.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for one night (business) because of its prime location and excellent rate. It's very convenient if you're running between offices on the Hill and K Street, though I'm not sure I'll make this my "go-to" for DC business.

First and foremost, I wouldn't say this is a 4* hotel- at least not compared to other 4* hotels in town. It has recently undergone a renovation, but in my opinion the decor is cold and cheap (plastic furniture, tacky artwork of money bills).

I arrived late after a difficult day of travel and delays to a completely deserted lobby, only partially lit. The front desk attendant seemed annoyed that I bothered him to check in. He didn't smile or make eye contact with me for the entirety of our interaction. I understand that it's late (11:00pm- not that late), but it's been a long day for me too and a smile and positive attitude in the hospitality industry goes a long way to a good review.

After a few mumbles and grunts, I was given a room that was not what I had booked. I booked an Executive King Suite; the room I was given was significantly smaller and didn't have a dining room table. However, tired and disgruntled, I didn't complain. I was billed for the right room so "no harm, no foul."

The same night, I tried to ordered room service for dinner. The front desk employee was no nicer over the phone. Most of their room service menu was unavailable, leaving me with 2 choices. The turkey club I ended up getting was passable for a midnight snack. I wouldn't depend on room service for a proper meal.

Overall, this hotel gets 3* from me because of the 1)location and 2)cleanliness.
Perhaps the front desk is nicer to people who arrive at 3pm.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the location of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We sincerely apologize for the lack of service you experienced from our front desk associate as this is unacceptable by Melrose standards. I also apologize for the lack of options available when you ordered room service and appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention.

Jale Hashimi

Been to The Melrose Georgetown? Share your experiences!