“Excellent location and great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Melrose Georgetown

You added The Melrose Georgetown to your Saves list
The Melrose Georgetown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2430 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Ranked #43 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent location and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've stayed here on nearly every occasion I've been in Washington DC. It is comfortable, the rooms are a decent size, and there is FREE WIFI in every room as well as in the lobby. What I like most - other than the hotel itself - is that it's five minutes walk to Georgetown and I feel perfectly safe walking there even at night. Definitely my hotel of choice, and without Georgetown prices

Room Tip: I always ask to be in a room that's not facing Pennsylvania Ave. even though the road itself is...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, yesterday
Welcome back and thank you for your kind words about Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We are thrilled to know that we are your preferred hotel of choice while visiting the DC area and that our central location works out well for your needs. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Jale Hashimi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Yorktown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here for 3 nights over Thanksgiving. I got a great deal on the hotel via Hot Wire. The location is wonderful. The Property is beautiful, and the staff was Awesome. They had a great Happy Hour with great prices. I would go there just to grab a drink. Its right outside of Georgetown.

The room was very nice. Very large, great bed, nice bathroom, ect. The only reason that I didn't five the hotel an excellent, was because they charged $48.00 a night for parking. I just thought that was outrageous. I realize that parking is a premium in that area, but thought that was a bit much.

Room Tip: My room was 408, and it was great. I just always try to stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
I am glad to hear you stayed with us during the Thanksgiving holiday and that you enjoyed our location, associate's service and drinks specials at Jardenea Lounge. In regards to the parking fees, parking in DC is very competitive and I assure you that we do our best to keep our rates in line with the local market. I hope to see again on your next visit to our nation's capital.

Suburbs Of Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Just returned from a quick day & a half business trip to DC's Georgetown area. Rather than select a "chain" hotel, I decided to go with an upscale boutique Hotel to experience what DC has to offer -- especially around the Holidays given the opportunity for lighting and decorations.

The Melrose a great choice for business -- and probably a nice romantic stay over. The location is perfect; and the lobby decor and furnishings are done very nicely. Sort of contemporary chic with the significant architectural details of the original building properly showcased in a stately color palette. I found all of the staff members to be extremely polite and helpful.

Room: Had a Deluxe King. My only issue was that the picture window was about 75 fogged due to moisture between the panes of glass. It was not a big issue since I was there on business and has the sheers drawn -- but it's clear that a major investment in windows is going to be needed here. This didn't happen overnight. The rest of the room was nicely furnished; very comfortable bed. Hot shower; lots of marble. Overall, I'd stay here again.

I did experience breakfast. Eggs and home fries and bacon were great. If I made one comment, it would be that $5.00 for a glass of OJ is just a bit obnoxious. Yeah, I can afford it, but $5?? really??? That took your $18.00 breakfast to $23 + Tip = $27. That's pushing it a little…

One other comment. The lobby bar area seems a bit sterile. I understand you close up etc… but each time I walked by, it was more like a museum than a bar. Just seems "off".

Please take this feedback as constructive. If I didn't like the facility, I wouldn't have written a sentence.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our location as well as our contemporary decor and interior design. We appreciate your comment regarding the window in your room and I will address this internally. Thank you for your feedback on your meal at Jardenea as we continue to improve the guest experience regarding every aspect of your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was remodeled before we stayed in February 2014. The staff was wonderful. I had a slight problem with no hot water in the shower, but maintenance came up to fix it right away.

The room was adorable. Very dark with the curtains drawn and nice view with the curtains open. The staff was exclent.

Awesome little coffee/sandwich shop right next door for morning coffee or afternoon snacking or people watching.

Great location overall. Was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am thrilled you were impressed by our staff's service along with the artfully-designed interiors showcased throughout the property. I am also pleased to hear that our location worked out well for you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Taneytown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Really nice and friendly staff. Hotel is beautiful in a modern trendy way. Proximity to Georgetown is great. Restaurant is fantastic and you pay for that. Highly recommend. The room I stayed in was nicely furnished. The bed was fantastic! I slept great. The Molton Brown bath product line is awesome. It really fits the attitude of the hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our associates’ personalized service, central location near Georgetown and luxurious accommodations. I am also thrilled to know that you had a terrific experience at Jardenea. We appreciate your recommendation and I hope that you will be joining us again the next time your find yourself in the nation’s capital.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We used Hotel Tonight and scored a room at this hip Georgetown hotel. The room was unexpectedly large, and the king-sized bed was very comfortable. Location couldn't have been better - walking distance to Dean and Delucca, the C and O Canal and all the shops and restauants you could want,
We would have given it five stars, but for the bathroom. There was not a single towel bar in the bathroom which, besides being inconvenient when you exited the shower, prevented us from keeing our towels for more than one day. The shelf space to store toiletries was almost nonexistant. The tub/shower had no slip-protection treds and the shower faucet was hard to adjust to get water that wasnt either too cool or too hot. None of these things is a deal breaker, but they are to be expected in a hotel of this caliber..

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We are sorry that your bathroom was not to your liking – our bathroom space is limited to the original structure of the hotel. We appreciate your suggestions and will take them into considerations as we continue to improve guest experience. I hope you will be joining us on your next visit to the city.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. Such a refreshing change from yet another big brand hotel. Rooms were very comfortable and the staff extremely friendly . The hotels is actually about a 10 minutes walk from Georgetown itself.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the unique atmosphere and design of our boutique hotel. Our staff is happy to provide personalized service to provide a memorable experience for all of our guests – I am glad that you enjoyed it! I look forward to welcoming you again the next time your travels bring you to Washington, DC.

Jale Hashimi

Been to The Melrose Georgetown? Share your experiences!