“Mama birthday weekend away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Melrose Georgetown

You added The Melrose Georgetown to your Saves list
The Melrose Georgetown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2430 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Special Offer
Book your Holiday Stay...
Ranked #43 of 131 Hotels in Washington DC
“Mama birthday weekend away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

this hotel provided all the comfort, location and luxury we wanted for my mams 66 th birthday
The restaurant was very expensive for breakfast but the dinner celebration we enjoyed greatly I was particularly impressed with the menu selections
Definitely something for everyone but with a real quality feel just delicious
The mouton brown bathroom product very classy and added a lot of value to our overall experience
The styling of the rooms was right up our alley luxurious linen and large beds very comfortable
The bathrooms so much more than functional loads of hot water and extras
The george Washington themed decor very effective
The hotel was busy and fun the music in common areas a great addition
The only negative was the attitude of some of the reception staff who did not display experience and empathy when we asked for a reservation at the in house restaurant one of the female staff looked aggrieved and sent us to the restaurant to book the table ourselves very unprofessional ( we spent 400 dollars in the restaurant over our stay)
The bar Man who looked and sounded like a young Matthew mcconaughy provided exceptional service and was organised friendly and obviously very skilled really loved spending time with him
The location is close to George Town (a short walk) which also provided great links onto transport into Washington proper we used the big bus service to navigate around doc and it was more than adequate
The drivers and staff all very friendly helpful and knowledgable
We loved our stay it was our first time in the capital and worth every penny the only shame was the attitude and inexperience of the female receptionist no one wants that attitude I wish I had got her name do that she could receive some retraining and display a kinder attitude towards her guests
Beware of over confidence in your front of house staff Melrose mgt

Definitely something for everyone but with a real quality feel just delicious
The bathrooms so much more than functional loads of hot water and extras
The george Washington themed decor very effective
The hotel was busy and fun the music in common areas a great addition
The drivers and staff all very friendly helpful and knowledgable
Beware of over confidence in your front of house staff Melrose mgt

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is our third trip to The Melrose and we were not disappointed. It is in a wonderful location and is a fantastic hotel but what really makes the stay is the staff. The staff on the front desk could not be friendlier and more helpful. Thank you to them all for making it such a wonderful trip.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor as K street can be noisy at the weekend.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Welcome back, and thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. Our staff strives to provide a memorable experience for all of our guests with personalized service – I am glad that you enjoyed it! I look forward to your next visit.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The fancy DC hotels are so expensive that you can only stay in them when someone else is paying. I have stayed in a number but on this occasion I was paying myself and arrived at the much much cheaper a Melrose with not much expectation. What a surprise! I knew that the location would be great, as it was, but the hotel itself was really very good and great value,

The only downside for us was the air conditioning. In the first room we stayed in it was so noisy as to be unusable. Fortunately we could just open the window and enjoy the cool night air instead. This was not an issue in the second room we had there a few days later.

But the real surprise for us was the quality of the food in the hotel restaurant. Generally we try to avoid eating in hotels as the food tends to be pretty ordinary, but we were so tired when we arrived we ate in. The food was terrific! So good that we returned, twice.

Breakfast was also very good. While some might prefer a buffet, we found the a la carte breakfast to be excellent, although the hotel could do with a better espresso machine!

Will definitely return

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location, within walking distance of popular DC attractions. I apologize for the noise disturbances from the A/C; I will address this issue internally. I am thrilled to know that you had all wonderful experiences at our farm-to-fork restaurant Jardenea. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your future visits!

Amherst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband had stayed here earlier in the week while he was on a business trip to Washington D.C. to work with the German Embassy. On the weekend he decided to take us all back to Washington with him so our children could visit the White House and other historic sites. He enjoyed his stay so much at this hotel that he booked it again for all of us to enjoy only days later.

Every single person on staff was incredibly courteous and kind to me, my husband and our three daughters. The service was exceptional in every way! The décor was beautiful and the rooms were well-sized to accommodate our family. Thank you to all the staff for making this such a great experience for all of us!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit to DC, and especially, your stay at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff – I am thrilled to hear that they left a lasting impression with you all! Please come visit us again the next time you and your family decide to visit the Nation’s Capital.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Though modern, clean and very centrally located - you cannot control the temperature in your own room. The front desk explained that once the hotel switches to heat you cannot cool your room down. I am unsure I will even be able to sleep tonight it is so balmy.

• Stayed November 2014
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I apologize for the A/C issue you experienced. We do our best to keep the temperature at a level that is comfortable for most guests. I will address this issue with the team and see how we may best adjust for future visits. Please come visit us again the next time you find yourself in the nation’s capital.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good hotel. Fast internet included in room price. Rooms are spacious. Hotel location is perfect - just a five minute walk to the heart of Georgetown nightlife and restaurants, and a 10-15 minute walk to the Lincoln Memorial, White House, National Monument, Kennedy Centre. Close to an underground station too. Two drawbacks: the breakfast service is a la carte, not buffet, and the service is slow, although food is good. Allow 45 minutes for eating breakfast. Secondly, the hotel is located close to a hospital so you can occasionally hear the ambulances driving past.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am pleased to know that your enjoyed your accommodations and took advantage of our complimentary Wi-Fi service. Our location is perfect for guests looking to explore the best of DC – I am glad that you enjoyed it! I apologize for the breakfast service you experienced. I will address this issue internally. Next time, please request an interior room so that we may provide accommodations best suited to your preferences for a lower noise level. I am looking forward to your next visit.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had one of the most remarkable stays in memory at this lovely well located hotel. The room and service staff from the minute you arrive at the door was impeccable. The food and drinks were excellent. I was extremely happy with my stay there and would go back again and again. The price was right too.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am so happy to hear that our central location worked out well for you. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff as we strive to provide a memorable experience with personalized customer service. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your experience at our signature farm-to-fork restaurant Jardenea and we look forward to welcoming you again on your future visits.

Jale Hashimi

Been to The Melrose Georgetown? Share your experiences!