“Nice hotel in a very nice neighbourhood” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Melrose Georgetown

Save Saved
You added The Melrose Georgetown to your Saves list
The Melrose Georgetown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2430 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Special Offer
Book your Holiday Stay...
Ranked #43 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Nice hotel in a very nice neighbourhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The location of the Hotel is very nice. In the east of it we went regularly to Georgetown for shops and restaurants. In the west we went for the museums. It is also close to the Foggy Bottom metro rail station. The room were clean and the staff nice. The lobby was spacious and nice to wait for the rest of group. The music in the lobby was a bit loud on occasions.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Hastings, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel is certainly well appointed and of high quality. Great size rooms, very comfortable, good location, good quality food. However, the music in the lobby and restaurant area this time was awful .. the kind of thing you'd hear in a nightclub, and completely inappropriate for the style and clientele of this hotel. Last time I was there this wasn't a problem. I also had big problems with a meeting room I booked; amazingly there was no AV equipment installed in the room - I had assumed there would be this being 2014. I had to ask for it at 7.30am on the morning of the meeting, with the meeting starting at 9am. Stress I could have done without. It did arrive and was installed within 5 minutes of the meeting starting, but the cost for hiring a projector and screen for 2 hours was $500!!!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We are sorry that you did not enjoy the music playing the in lobby and restaurant area. We do our best to create an ambiance to please a wide range of guests. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your meeting room. Next time, please notify our associates in advance regarding the equipment you will need so that we may best accommodate. We will take note to better communicate our services in the future. We hope you will give us another chance to impress you on your next visit to DC.

Regards,
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

First of all the bed and the linen were so comfortable that we did't want to get out the bed. The rooms are big and clean. The location is very good. It is close to some of the monuments and other attractions and it is close to all the action in the georgetown neighborhood.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am delighted to hear that your accommodations were to your liking. It is great to know that you easily explored DC’s famed attractions with the convenience of our location. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you find yourself in DC.

Tunis, Tunisia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The most competitive advantage of this hotel is its geographic location. The employers are very professional and attentive to details. Bravo to those at the reception and the restaurant. You are great. Continue the good work.

Room Tip: Corner suites are very spacious and sunny. My suite was 827 and it was great.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you liked our location and associates’ service. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The review is late, but no less heartfelt. Absolutely loved the Melrose! I stayed at the hotel years ago- and could not believe the complete transformation! Lobby, bar, restaurant area were beautiful- and HUGE! We were staying in town because of my brother in law's funeral- and it was really important that there were no glitches. Everything was perfect! I was immediately checked in to a beautiful contemporary room. Room was quite large and decorated beautifully! The service received was outstanding in every way! Cars were arranged instantly at the front desk for the Memorial. The outstanding service made a tough night much more bearable.

My best experience was the following day- where I watched the General Manager- Jale Hashimi- personally greet everyone at the front door with a huge smile. Jale was such a pleasure to work with- and I am truly grateful for the fantastic stay. When I asked Jale what had changed about the hotel since my last stay- her answer was"...everything!" And I will add- all for the better!

Positively will return to The Melrose and cannot wait to do so! Thanks so much!!!

John Duffin
Philadelphia, PA

Room Tip: Loved the King Room- had a high floor and loved it!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
John, thank you so much for your kind and heartfelt words and for your thoughtful review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am delighted that we could make your experience memorable and that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. I sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience with us and we hope to meet you all again on happier circumstances. Our thoughts are with your family.

Ardmore, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I stayed recently and were very pleasantly surprised what a great hotel this is. I'm sorry we didn't find it sooner, but this will be our #1 hotel in Georgetown. The lobby is lovely, the room was great, and, most especially, the staff were outstanding. Always friendly, outgoing and helpful. We had a fun night in the hotel bar and a great breakfast the next morning in the restaurant downstairs. I booked directly with the hotel on their AAA members rate and got a great deal. We will surely be back

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. Our Melrose team strives to provide an amazing guest experience with friendly service and an impeccable attention to detail. We are glad to have left a lasting impression with you. We keep our website updated with the latest rates, and we are glad to hear that you took advantage of this. We hope to see you and your wife again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a great time at this property. We just stayed for an evening but we had a top floor room that was a great size (600sf) replete with sitting area, separate home office, and nice extra firm bed. We loved the décor and color scheme and how they wove the personality and history of DC without coming off as contrived. From the time of check-in we were greeted with smiles and a very competent staff. We drove and the valet was prompt, but there is an additional $50/night valet fee. Located in Georgetown with lots of shops and eats very close to the hotel, and a $10 cab ride away from all of the major sites. I would stay here again next time I'm in DC. Also there is a great restaurant in the hotel as well, which is a nice plus.

Room Tip: We had room 826 which we really liked. Top floor, large, and at the end of the hall in it's own...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at The Melrose Georgetown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. I am glad that our accommodations and modern décor were to your liking. I am also pleased to hear that our staff left a lasting impression on you with personalized service. Valet service in DC is very competitive, but we ensure you that we keep our prices in line with the local market. I am glad that you enjoyed Jardenea, and we look forward to your next visit.

Regards,
Jale Hashimi

Been to The Melrose Georgetown? Share your experiences!