Everything about the room to the service was pretty good. There were few electrical outlets in the room as all the lamps were taking up the space. I had to iron some dress shirts and I could not locate an electrical outlet near where the ironing board was located. So i had to move it into the bedroom and remove the plug connecting to the lamp in order to plug in the iron. Also in most hotels, there is one master switch to turn on the main lighting in the room. That is not the case here. The only way to turn on light in the bedroom is turning on the lamps all individually.
All of these little things, I could deal with. Not too bad.
I was extremely disappointed when I was turned away by the hotel because they could not take my car to park overnight. I called a month in advance asking about the parking, the rates, etc. When I got there I was told they were overfilled and I would have to go park at some other hotel's parking garage. (Westin) This wasn't too far but it was an extreme inconvenience for me and my girlfriend. Also given the snow storm and cold weather, this was not ideal. I should not have to go out of my way given that I am a guest of the hotel. I have always believed that if you are in the business to serve people, you should do what it takes to make them happy. Maybe the hotel could have helped me but I was literally begging the doorman for a spot and he said he could not. (But he did help me find that other place to park)
Overall, the hotel was nice, room was nice, elevators were a bit small, but the one thing that got to me was the parking of my own car. Extremely disappointed especially when I had planned out to park with the hotel a month in advance.
- Also Known As:
- Melrose Hotel, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Melrose Hotel, Washington Dc Hotel
- Melrose Hotel
- Melrose Hotel Washington Dc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just one block from Georgetown and the Foggy Bottom Metro station, the Melrose offers generously sized guest rooms and suites, total wireless high speed Internet capability throughout the entire hotel and is pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Amex, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Melrose Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.