“Great walking tour” 5 of 5 stars

+1 202-421-4053
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: We are proud to be Washington DC's only Audio/MP3 walking tour company. Just download and play!Our audio/mp3 tours are available anytime, day or night, 24hrs a day. We currently offer our much-publicized American Scandal, Haunted History and Lincoln Assassination tours, with Capitol Hill, the National Mall, and the Tidal Basin audio tours on the way!Narrated and filled with stories, interesting facts, music, and sound effects, our audio walking tours are a great way to learn about both DC and American History in a rich and engaging way. Check us out!
Little Rock, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great walking tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My mom lives in DC and has joined these tours before so on a family weekend there, we picked the Pennsylvania Avenue tour. The guide was wonderful, he added little stories and tidbits of information that were great. The pace was perfect and he made sure everyone was involved. This is great for all ages. These tours are free but most everyone gives the guide a donation of some sort.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lauren”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

DC Walkabout tours are a great way to see the city and are very informative. I've been on 2 thus far and plan to go on the others. Definately recommend if you have the time.

Bamberg, Germany
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“First Time in DC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband and I took a trip to DC, he had been before but it was my first time ever going. He told me to make a list of the things I wanted to do and the places I wanted to see.

I found the DC Walkabout Tours on Google and made reservations for the War Memorials Tour, the Capital Hill Tour, and the Big Five Tour... Six hours of tours all on the same day! For the first two tours it was just me and my husband and Sean still gave us a free DC Walkabout tour all by ourselves!

He had lots of great information and answered just about every question we had! He told us all sorts of other great things we could do while we were in DC. He was very nice and the tour was very well laid out. Everything seemed to flow smoothly and two hours flew by in a whir. We had a blast! If we get to go back to DC we are going to make sure we get to go on the Pennsylvania Avenue Tour!

Visited March 2012
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good times.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Sean really held our attention during our two-hour tour. We went around most of the memorials covering the major wars that the USA has been in. Sean was able to keep the pace very comfortable and kept the kids smiling, which isn't always easy, but that plus the beautiful weather really made it all work.
We started at the 2nd Infantry Division Memorial (a WWI memorial, in front of the White House) and began by hearing about some interesting aspects of war in general and America's role in the world and how it had been developing after the Revolutionary War up until WWI. From there we went through WWI to the WWII Memorial and heard about how the two were related and found out quite a bit. There were several anecdotes that I had never heard before about phrases originating from this time period, etc., and how war itself was evolving as time went on.
Then we made our way around the National Mall and past a DC WWI Memorial, where we heard about the importance and differences of that, before making it to the Korean War Memorial. This was one of my personal favorites, and I think most of the group learned alot here, as you don't often hear about the Korean War. Then a quick stop at the Lincoln Memorial and on our way to finish up at the Vietnam Memorial, where our guide gave a very poignant comparison of all the wars and great statistics on Vietnam itself.
This tour was information packed! I really appreciated how it was themed and not just a pick and choose of monuments, it surely helped to pique my interest in American history, despite the fact I was already using vacation time to go to DC.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Make sure to take the Capitol Hill tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We decided to go with this company for a walking tour of Capitol Hill as we had read some good reviews and were eager to see as much of DC as we could. The tour was really well laid out and timed very well to end at Unity Station, where we had plenty of food and transportation options to choose from.

Our guide, Sean, was very energetic as we made our way from the Grant Memorial around the capitol to the LOC and Supreme Court before ending at Unity Station as I said before.

It was a pretty easy pace when we were moving so the overall distance of around a mile or so went almost unnoticed, as there were several stops along the way. The historical build up of each spot was chronological and helped signify the importance of each spot which I thought was a nice touch!

Sean obviously has a penchant for history and, even though the tour was free, he never mentioned anything about a tip! We were so pleased that we wanted to write this review to say thank you and we'll be recommending it to our friends when they go to DC next as well!

Visited March 2012