“Mouth watering menu” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Ontario
“Mouth watering menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We picked Busboys and poets after reading lots of good reviews in TA and Yelp.Surely , we weren't disappointed.
We were famished after having walked 16,000 steps around downtown D.C.We were happy to find the menu filled with eco-consious mouthwatering dishes. We started with Egyptian Foole Dip and
Harira Soup, Caeser salad . Entres we had homemade meatloaf,Orzo pasta, grilled brie panini, and vegan tuna salad sandwich.Every thing was so delicious.
Service was excellent.You can tell they have happy employee. Love the artworks and decor. The only negative comment was the music was too loud for me.
Too bad we have no Busboys and Poets in Toronto.We'll go back some days.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
“Great Atmosphere, OK Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went for brunch on a Saturday morning. We just beat the rush at 10, so seating was not a problem. Our waitress was great, very friendly and kept the hot coffee coming. The atmosphere is great, very warm and welcoming. I ordered the eggs Benedict, which was served at room temperature. The eggs were a bit under-cooked, and the hollandaise sauce was bland. My brunch companions had no complaints about their meals, however.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“Cheerful ambiance, tasty food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I enjoyed my dinner here. The penne with shrimp and chicken chorizo was a winner. The lively West Indies style music and the rotation of juried art displays add an international touch. The crowd is young and animated, as at all DC restaurants I seem to choose, but I'm an old lady who travels solo and I was perfectly comfortable.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“Remember to order chips with the guacamole”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Usually a cool place to hang out and listen to music or poetry on selective evenings. Food is good and service is nice. Went last night and ordered a bowl of chili with a side of guacamole. The guacamole arrived with a spoon? When a waiter passed I told him they forgot my chips and he said Oh you have to order chips. So I ordered chips an extra cost. Maybe it's me but I always assumed you get chips with your gauc.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Came on a Saturday morning and had no wait, although the place was buzzing. We sat on the patio. The restaurant uses organic products which was nice. I had the eggs benedict and home fries for $12 and it was very good. I also a coffee drink that included espresso and cinnamon, not sure of the name but it was also very good. Our waitress was super busy and it took awhile to get our checks. So overall I would say it's a must go but make sure you are not in a rush because you will be sitting for awhile.

• Visited October 2012