“Excellent Location and Very Comfortable Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3100 South St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Excellent Location and Very Comfortable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Excellent location in the middle of Georgetown. Check-in was very easy and there is no counter to walk up to, only a few small desks, so feels very personal. Stayed in a one bedroom suite, which was very nicely appointed. Huge windows, but since it was a low floor opened to a view of another side of the hotel. Since was only staying the night, didn't really care. Service was where the hotel really excelled. Everything is very personal and never had to ask for anything twice. Ordered room service in the morning and told them I was in a bit of a hurry and food arrived within 15 minutes.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My second experience at The Boutique Spa was nothing short of blissful, absolutely serene. After relocating to a different neighborhood in DC, I tried to find another spa closer to home - but they all fell short (either more like a gym and less like a spa, or shy on amenities, or much too expensive for the value). I returned to The Boutique Spa at the Ritz-Carlton in Georgetown - though a bit of travel was needed, it was absolutely worth it.

The Staff are so kind and professional; they take great care to be attentive to your needs and preferences. There are bottled waters and towels conveniently at reach throughout the spa. Each guest wears the provided sandals and luxe robe. The pre/post-treatment relaxation room features comforting drinks (chilled water, assorted hot teas, coffee) and snacks (whole fruit, chocolates). Overall, the ambiance is peaceful, the environment is well maintained and tidy.

I made the most of my visit arriving 3 hours before my treatment, and I also encourage others to take advantage of your time at the spa... I exercised in the adjacent fitness room (though the space is small, I was still able to do cardio and weights). I then enjoyed the steam room (there is also a sauna). The ladies' locker room also features 2 large restrooms, 2 large showers, and a dressing/locker area; after a warm shower - complete with Ritz-Carlton shampoo/conditioner/shave cream/shower gel - I finally got ready for my treatment. The double vanity boasts amenities if you are in need (shave kit, dental kit, cotton balls, q-tips, mouthwash, lotion, deodorant, hairspray, hair dryers, etc.). Feeling fit, refreshed, and clean, I took my kindle to the relaxation room and awaited my massage. My only regret is that I scheduled a 50-minute rather than 80-minute treatment! Afterwards, a cup of hot tea brought closure to my retreat. I dressed and put on my make-up back in the ladies' locker room. A few hours carved out for serenity. Success.

This is my go-to spa in DC. I enjoy it so much that I look forward to returning again and again - and I may even consider doing a staycation with my husband just so I can enjoy more of the Ritz-Carlton's superb service!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Elberta, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wonderful and convenient place to stay! Staff were all helpful and accommodating! Room was spotless and well appointed. Would defininately stay here again! A first class establishment! The bar is a wonderful place to relax and grab a great cocktail as well as tasty offerings from the pub menu. Especially enjoyed the complimentary bottles of water in the lobby at the end of a long day!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything was relatively smooth. Check in as mentioned in prior reviews is through individual desks. The room, Premier One Bedroom, was spacious though on the east side was a bit noisy due to 31st street traffic on Saturday night. Food at the restaurant was delicious and service was superb. Location of hotel was convenient to all points of interest. The only thing though was when requesting housekeeping to room, was told that it would be within 10 minutes. Came back an hour later and room was not made up. I know, sounds a bit picky but if you have a 4 year old overdue for a nap you'll understand the importance. I actually explained to housekeeping the reason when called but still to no avail. Otherwise it was a good stay. Would I returned? Probably but would most likely go to the Four Seasons next time in town to compare service.

Stayed April 2015
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You would never think that when you are staying at a Ritz, a past life for the property would be so trashy. But this former incinerator (still towering over the property) with an excellent DC Georgetown location is posh.
After a welcoming checkin with Daniel, and a tour hosted by our Bell Man, we walked the same bricked corridor as tons of trash did decades ago, but this time it was to a suite.
We missed the Smores half hour but caught it the next day. Note that our your calendar.
Drinks in the bar (and no skimping on the size of the Martini glass!) hit the spot.
Our suite was well worth the upgrade. Huge windows with metallic drapes opened to a view of a neighboring church (104). A modern but comfortable black and gray couch looked brand new and fit the family for an evening of discussions about our DC trip. Two bathrooms made it even better. The only downside was the shower in the master bath, I imagine retro fitting made the shower smaller than what you would expect. but the separate bath and double sinks made up for it.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite was great for families and inviting people into the room.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we stayed for 10 days at this hotel. we booked a suite since we had two children along with us.
everything was ready for us upon check-in the room was very large and comfy.
the location of this hotel is super , close to the shops , cinema and the waterfront.

rooms is very clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful , they will take the extra mile to help you out and assist you.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

I used to stay at the Four Seasons in Georgetown until I found the Ritz Carlton. Perhaps as I was staying with my family and the hotel does such a great job catering to kids is why. They had a "smors station" set up early evening for the kids while the adults drank martinis. Nice touch.

Its seems very new so the rooms are large and bright. Great location and easy walk to all the bars and restaurants. Of course its not cheap but well worth it and a great place to get rid of the stress of a day shopping or walking around museums.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Jeff B, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown, responded to this review, March 21, 2015
Dear Andmoz.

Thank you for your Five Star review. I am glad to hear you, and your family, enjoyed your stay and everyone was able to enjoy our Living Room with the smores and cocktails! Georgetown is such a wonderful neighborhood to stay in when visiting Washington, D.C.; I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the shopping and local restaurants. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the Hotel Staff.

Thank you again for your great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Washington, D.C.

Jeff Brower

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown? Share your experiences!