“Yep, It's a Ritz!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3100 South St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #22 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Yep, It's a Ritz!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

As others have commented, it's in an interesting location with a bit of a different lobby atmosphere than most Ritz's I've stayed in. Yet, at the end of the trip, I was quite pleased to have stayed there! I often stay at the Mandarin in Washington, DC but this trip wound up in Georgetown.

Took a taxi from the airport and once dropped off I was promptly checked in to the hotel. My room was terrific. It was comfortable, fairly spacious with a huge bathroom and all the amenities. I did have a little problem not letting my door slam when I went in and out....hate to disturb anyone....but I had trouble getting it to latch! Everything else worked perfectly and the room was of the standards one would expect at the Ritz!

Had a working meeting one night with a buffet dinner served. The food was all at the proper temperature, served well, and, of course, delicious. Even for a buffet the food couldn't have been any better. I was very pleased with it all.

Check out was easy. I identified an error on my bill and the gentleman at the desk said he'd take care of it. Unfortunately, the error came through on my credit card, but after calling the hotel, I'm told it's now been fixed. A bit disappointed that would happen at the Ritz, but....we're all human.

I loved the stay and would be happy to go back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were a little hesitant when we first arrived at this property, but by the time we left we were big fans. The property does not give a great first impression in that it has an odd layout for a five star. To get to the rooms you have to go down one flight from the lobby, transfer elevators, and then go up. The lobby decor is not bad, it's just not elegant or refined - more business and bar like - the restaurant is the same way. The rooms, if not elegant, are comfortable, well appointed, and highly functional. I think we'd have been happier if we didn't sometimes hear the comings and goings in the hallway, but it was well within reason (yes, I'm fussy about noise). Here's the good news. For whatever challenges this property faces in reaching a five star status, it more than makes up for in service. This is a superbly trained staff that would do any property proud. Across the line - bellmen, front desk, maintenance, waiters, housekeeping - every single encounter we had with staff was impressive - professional, knowledgeable, appropriately friendly, and a real desire to make us happy.

By the way, the location is great. A short walk to the best of Georgetown. Summing up: a 4 star property with a "five plus" staff. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Granger, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was our second visit to the Ritz in Georgetown and our experience was even better than the first. The hotel is quaint yet stylish and the location could not be better. Check-in was smooth without the hustle and bustle of many other 5 star hotels. The hotel itself was impecabble and I love the history behind it. We stayed in a luxury suite and it was wonderful. The room stayed cool and it was extremely quiet. We had a few drinks in the bar and they were the best drinks we had in the area. The location is perfect for walking around and shopping and it is only a short ride to many of the major attractions. We were sad to leave and are already planning our return visit! Once again, the Ritz Carlton exceeded our expectations!

Room Tip: choose a room in the west wing.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Looking for a super quick getaway in the city? The Ritz is the place for you! We had less than 24 hours to getaway, so we chose the room package deal that included valet, movie tickets and four course dinner at Degrees (bonus was the four course dinner was an option, you could use the money credit for room service as well, so we also ordered breakfast before we headed out). We enjoyed the unexpected room upgrade, chocolate covered strawberries, and crackling fire on the big screen as we celebrated our anniversary. The personable and cheerful staff were also a delight. We had a lovely corner room with a view of the Potomac and the Rosslyn skyline. The room was perfectly tucked away from the city noise, but just close enough to do some quick afternoon shopping on M street. The experience was positively contagious and we hope to return in the future. The Ritz is a perfect place to getaway for a short and sweet celebration.

Room Tip: West wing looks out to the Potomac and Rosslyn.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Many acclaimed hotels offer excellent facilities, amenities, and service. However, not many offer excellent hospitality. The type of hospitality that the staff is truly genuine and passionate, which creates seamless friendships and lasting and unexpected memories for their guests. When I left the Ritz Carlton Georgetown I felt truly inspired by the hospitality and much more!

At the time of my reservation I had requested their 1 suite with 2 double beds and more importantly to request a newly renovated room. The renovation I learned had only began shortly before my stay. On the day prior to my I arrival I received a call and e-mail from Dan stating that they would not be able to accommodate the 2 double beds request but they would upgrade me to a larger newly renovated king suite.

On the day of arrival, I received an e-mail from Dan at 12pm stating that my room was ready for check-in. I later arrived at the hotel for the most fabulous check-in with Shervonne! She was energetic, fun, and genuine!

Our suite on the east wing was beautiful and quiet with windows on 3 sides overlooking their urban garden and cross streets. This boutique hotel is a converted incinerator, which makes for a unique layout and common areas, featuring a lot of red brick. The location is perfect, especially when traveling with a dog. They have a garden area where you can sit with your dog, and it's a 1-block walk to the river park. Degrees, their bar/restaurant was a nice place where the bartenders would chat with us and also serve great drinks, and even ramen burgers. Housekeeping was accommodating, and even left water for my dog at turn down. And also, have to say, room service was terrific.

When my dog's crate was left in our car, Shervonne had the crate retrieved and built for us when we returned! On the 1st night when we were enjoying a s'more and looking through books in the lobby, Shervonne unexpectedly brought us complimentary champagne drinks, which was perfect as we were about to take ourselves on a tour of the hotel. Shortly thereafter, Shervonne, again unexpectedly "wanted" to show us their private chimney stack meeting room. The following morning we grabbed coffees in the lobby and were on our way out to walk my dog along the river, when a gentleman offered us waters to take with us. The bag of waters even contained a disposable dish for my dog, much appreciated on a near 90 degree day. On our last night we were in a rush to get to Union Station for a bus tour, and the bellman offered us the use of their house Mercedes S-Class, complete with waters, magazines, and a driver who was extremely informative and hilarious!!

At check-out I went to grab a few fireballs (the candy, which keeps with the incinerator theme) from the front desk, and instead, they sent me home with a whole bag of them! As a hotel enthusiast, I felt truly inspired by both the hospitality and the setting of this Ritz Carlton, and will without a doubt return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Have stayed at the other 2 Ritz locations in the area and this is my new fav. Stayed w husband and our 2 teenagers. Fantastic corner suite that was huge and had 2 bathrooms. Really nice furnishings. Tucked away on quiet street, but still in the middle of everything in Georgetown. check-in was a breeze and the staff was friendly. Big fan.

Room Tip: Try to snag a corner suite--great sunlight and floor to ceiling windows on 2 full walls.
Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

A little hard for my Uber driver to find but the hotel is a delight. This was my second stay there in two years and it was wonderful. While we expect the Ritz to be top of the line the fact that this is a small, quiet and relaxed hotel makes all the difference.

If you want to get some peace and quiet in a very busy city it'll be hard to beat this Georgetown hotel.

Just an additional comment...On two occasions Mike was my waiter at the restaurant...he is super!

Room Tip: I enjoyed a ground floor room looking out on the terrace. Quiet and private and just down the hall...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown? Share your experiences!