“Good for business and family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3100 South St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #37 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Sweden
“Good for business and family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Nicely located hotel in a very tastefully revamped industrial building (previously an incinerator - they've kept some of the old trappings). Got a spacious room 'underground' (i.e. a floor below the reception) that was comfortable and clean. Good bathroom, which is important. I was there on a business conference and the organizers managed to get the breakfast room as the conference center, which was a big plus (the conference rooms are otherwise a bit like bunkers). Breakfast itself was basic, but ok. Bit pricey - especially for families - but really good location for exploring Georgetown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The location is excellent, staff is not very nice. The hotel is very small and lacks proper amenities. There is no proper exercise room and no business lounge. Extremely expensive. Over all I was not happy.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Fantastic location, beautifully designed, superb service. This ranks as one of my favorite Ritz properties if not favorite hotels in general. We ended up here one night after a cancelled flight waiting for our rebooked flight the next day and what a treat! Beautiful hotel, exceptional service (like all Ritz properties), and an ideal location for Georgetown shops/restaurants and the waterfront. Will be back for sure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am fortunate to stay in great hotels all over the world but the Ritz Carlton Georgetown was really impressive. I arrived with a colleague late and the check in was quick and friendly despite the fact my reservation was not in the system. The hotel is beautiful, the lobby is warm relaxing and the staff are exceptionally helpful. My room was in the west wing on the first floor and when I walked in it smelled fresh and inviting. The layout of the room was perfect with a nice workspace and lots of floor space. The bathroom was large and had a bathtub and shower, great soaps and towels. But, the bed is what made the room exceptional. Granted I was tired but I did not want to get out of the bed in the morning, the duvet and sheets were incredible. The next morning we received excellent advice for lunch, The Peacock Cafe, which was exceptional. When we got back the valet had my car out front in five minutes and helped load my bags with a smile on his face. I cant wait to go back to this hotel, this time it will be for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying off-and-on at this property for the past five years. It has always been awesome: comfortable and luxurious.

Let me just say, though, this stay (Apr. 2013) was the best of them all. The staff and service are incredibly polished, the lobby is looking better than ever, and housekeeping's attention to detail is the best I've ever seen at a Ritz property.

Maybe the extra competition from the newly-opened Capella around the corner has amped up the improvements, but what ever is happening, please keep it up!

Ritz Georgetown remains my favorite hotel in DC.

• Stayed April 2013
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Ritz during our college tour. I booked a night here for its location and proximity to universities in the area. I was pleasantly surprised how "homey" the property was. There is a welcoming fireplace as soon as you walk in with its lounge area. And you are welcomed instantly by staff who move fast through the check in process and walk you to your room for personal tour. I've been to several Ritz properties before, and while the accommodations were great, I was never this impressed by service as this Georgetown Ritz. It seemed like everyone was genuinely happy to be working there and determined to see that every guest has an enjoyable stay. And I definitely did.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Imagine disappointment with a Ritz-Carlton! We had to refuse the first room because the desk was dirty and nicked, the upholstery was worn, the carpet had permanent stains. It was our 5th day of travel, and we were looking forward to luxury at the Ritz. Our second room had a single king instead of the 2 queens we wanted, but at least it was clean. The entry foyer is lovely, with a fire at one end and comfortable seating areas scattered around. However, it turns out the foyer was recently renovated when the rooms are due for a renovation later in the year. PLEASE wait until the renovation is done!

The front desk manager apologized for the dirtiness and oldness of the room, but that was it. Nothing to make up for the fact we were 1) displaced; 2) had to share a bed instead of each having our own; 3) waiting for a new room; 4) carting ourselves all around the maze of rooms; 5) being unpleasantly surprised by the dirt in the first room. Really? Isn't the Ritz known for its customer service?

Also, we reserved and paid for the special "Cherry Blossom" package, but we did not receive our Cherry Blossom certificate on check-in which plants a tree on our behalf nor receive our special Cherry Blossom dessert during our stay. I know these sound like trivial issues, but this is the Ritz for goodness sakes!! When you pay a premium for luxury and exclusivity, you should receive it.

Please go somewhere else until this Ritz-Carlton works on its customer service and physical plant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown? Share your experiences!